T W E L V E | Dear Sister

The voice caused my eyes to widen as I spun around to face the man who had called out to me.

The man was in his fifties, his hair was a pale blond and he honestly looked like a skeleton. His deep sunken blue eyes were looking at me curiously.

- Uhhhhh... Sorry you had to see that...
- Toshinori, call me Toshinori young Gurine.
- Alright!
- So, mind telling me why you were smashing your poor head in this wall?
- I...

Then, something clicked in my mind.

"- Hey Dad! What was your mentor like?

- Oh! He was the number one hero! A very powerful hero with a lot of courage! But he sadly lost his powers about a year after giving it to me, unlike me with you. He kind of looks like a skeleton now.
- He sounds so cool!"

...

So, he was dad's mentor...

- Young man? Something's wrong?

I snapped back to reality.

- Oh, nah. Just a little tired, that's all.
- Oh, ok. I wish you good luck for the finals!
- Thank you so much, Toshinori sir!
- No problem.

He smiled slightly before continuing to walk towards wherever he was heading.

I entered the backstage rooms that were made for the participants and plopped down on a chair, sighing. But what I didn't see was the poor man wipe away a tear from his eye when I left him as he looked back at me.

[...]

About 15 minutes later, I heard the crowd go wild.

- Gurine wins!

I smirked. I took a sip of water and stood up when I heard knocks on the door.

- Gurine Kisaki, it is time for the finale.
- I'm coming.

I stretched and swung the door open. Outside was standing against a wall Kiba, smirk on her face.

- So, bro, ready to fight your dear sister?
- I won't hold back.
- Oh, I sure as hell won't either.

We walked both into the arena under the cheers of the wild crows of people.

- These marvelous twins, the Gurine twins, are now here to fight right in front your beautiful eyes! These mysterious and powerful students that came out of nowhere, here to amaze you with their strenght and intelligence! Kisaki and Kiba!

We took our places as the crowd got a little more quiet. I took a sneaky peek at my parents. Their eyes were sparkling with excitement. Mom was being an overexcited mess while dad's brain seemed to have stopped functioning at the fact that both his children were going to fight each other.

- Ready... go!

Everything was silent. No one dared to talk. I wasn't moving, and neither was Kiba. It was to be expected, we were trained by the same people after all.

Without hesitating, I rendered myself invisible. But she saw through me and blocked my attack as I became visible again. I saw her eyes wonder through the crowd. She spotted someone and locked eyes with that person, probably gaining it's quirk.

I knew what quirk it was when my face was blown off. "Second time today, that hurts."

She came at me again, but I knew what she lacked. She had great speed and swiftness, but she wasn't very strong physically.

She hit me behind the knees as fast as a lightning, making me fall on my knees. As she was about to kick me, I grabbed her foot and slammed her onto the ground. She got up yet again and distanced herself far away from me. The fight went on like this for a few minutes until I got an idea.