T H I R T E E N | Dad's Misadventures

- Alright Kisaki, ready?
- Yeah.
- Come at me then.

I put myself in a fight position and so did my father. He smirked at me and gestured me to come at him.

I pounced at him and pulling my arm back, I threw the best punch I could. It was about 40% of it, but my father blocked it easily. After all, he had 100% control over his own power.

- You've got to be more sneaky with your punches Kisaki. Attacking head on will never be useful.

I brought my arm back again and this time, I feinted and threw a punch on his side. He dodged but he gave me a smirk.

- Way better.

I continued trying to punch him for a few minutes. I got to hit him three times today, so I guess I was getting better.

- You're doing great my boy. Now, try and use Full Cowl.

I concentrated and let the power flown through my entire body, feeling the red sparkles around my legs, arms and body.

- Great. Now, try climbing this building with it.

He pointed a building that was beside the beach we were training on. I ran towards it and jumped.

I gripped onto the bricks that were sticking out of the wall to help myself up. I propulsed myself from wall to wall with my legs until I got to the roof, where my father was already waiting.

- 20 seconds, 18 milliseconds, 5 seconds better than last time. Good job!
- Thanks dad.

He ruffled my hair as I smiled, proud of myself.

- Daaaaaaad! Brooooo! Dinner's readyyyyyyy! screamed Kiba.
- Coming! I screamed.

I jumped right down, followed by my dad.

- Mom would have been mad if she saw you doing that, Kisa, said Kiba.
- It doesn't hurt, what's the problem?
- Your mom just doesn't want you two to be hurt, that's all, said dad.

He ruffled both our hair aggressively.

- You're both too reckless! What you both did at the sports festival almost gave your mother a heart attack!
- Sorry... whined Kiba.
- Training is the key! It's ok to try new things, but not if it's too risky!
- Understood! I said.
- Great.

He pushed the door open, humming the nice aroma that filled the air.

- Smells good!
- Tomorrow, you do the dinner, Izuku, I'll be training the kids, said mom only for dad to hear.
- Alright alright. Also, we have good news!

As all four of us sat down, I looked at Kiba, a little confused.

- I found a nice apartment not far away from the school! I already talked to the owner of the building, and I got us an apartment there! The rent is not too pricey, and plus, we can move in starting tomorrow!

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped as dad was telling us that.

- Yay! That's so cool! shouted Kiba.

She jumped in dad's arms.

- Thank you dad!

She also jumped in mom's arms.

- Thank you mom! You two are the best parents ever!
- I agree! I said.

They just giggled.

- We're happy you both like it.
- I'm going to go pack! Kiba said as she run down the hallway.
- Wait for me!

I followed her, laughing at how ridiculous we looked right now.

[...]

[Izuku's POV]

I pushed the door open to the apartment I rented yesterday. It was a spacious apartment with four rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a living room. It looked very comfortable and reminded me of my mother's apartment back when I lived with her.

- Shot gun on this room! screamed Kiba.
- Not fair!

They both ran after each other down the hall to the rooms.

- The big one is ours! Don't even think about touching it! I screamed.
- Awww, come on! I heard back.
- You little demons! You better listen to us! Ochako screamed as well.
- FINE!

I laughed as Ochako rolled her eyes.

I started bringing the few boxes we had in. In only a few hours, everyone had set in and everything was in place. I plopped down on the sofa, sighing.

- Izuku. Dinner.

I growled.

- You've got to be kidding me, I mumbled to myself.

I watched as Ochako plopped down on the sofa exactly the same way I did and turned on the television, obviously rubbing it in my face.

I rolled my eyes as her amused grin turned into a giggle.

Then, I looked at what we had in the fridge.

My eyes lit up as I got the best idea ever.

Katsudon.

Immediately, mom's recipe flashed in my mind as if I did it yesterday and I started getting out the ingredients.

[small time skip brought to you by chibi adult Izuku cooking Katsudon while chibi adult Ochako is laughing at him in the back, sipping tea.]

When I was finally done, I set down the bowls on the table with four pairs of chopsticks.

- DINNER'S READY!

After a few seconds, Kisaki and Kiba came out of their rooms and sat down in front of their bowl.

- Wow! What's this dad? asked Kisaki.
- Katsudon. Your grandma used to make me this all the time when I was your age.
- Nice!

They took the chopsticks clumsily and took a piece of meat.

- This tastes delicious!
- Mmmmm!
- Glad you both like it.
- I didn't know you were that good at making Katsudon, Izuku.

I took a fake posture full of pride and huffed.

- I have many hidden talents~
- They're not so hidden anymore, she replied.

I sweat dropped while both kids laughed.

[...a week later...]

Mr. Seiro gave me the day off today, so I had time to go shopping under Ochako's command. I kinda liked shopping for random things. As long as it pleased Ochako and the kids, I would spend my money on anything they want.

I was now at the local store wearing sunglasses as I always did. I was getting food for the week and also other supplies such as soap for the dishes and such.

But then, as I was about to go into the snacks alley, I saw some familiar faces.

It was Jirou, Hagakure, Ashido, Yaoyorozu and Tsuyu. I immediately spun around and went the other way.

- Hey, who was that guy? asked who I believed was Ashido.
- Probably someone who recognized us, said Jirou.
- Hm, maybe you're right.

I sighed and continued to shop until I was ready to pay. But, unfortunately for me, the girls choose to pay EXACTLY at the same time. They were now standing behind me, waiting in line to pay their stuff.

- Hey man, why are you wearing sunglasses inside? asked Ashido.

I gulped.

- I... um.

I cleared my throat.

- I'm partially blind, I see a little, but not completely, I'm sorry.
- Oh, it's ok then!

I smiled uncomfortably at them. I paid for my stuff and left.