chapter 25- Mexican Food and Beaches

kenzie's p.o.v

Lauren, Johnny and I reached Chipotle  around seven.
We walked in and Carson waved from a table, ushering us over.

Lauren sat down in between Carson and Ruby and I very awkwardly had to squeeze in between John and Jacob.

Jacob leaned over to kiss me and Johnny turned away sharply, a disgusted expression on his face.

"Do you wanna share a lamb and sour cream burrito with me?" Jacob asked as we pored over what to eat.

"The shredded steak taco is her favourite." Johnny interrupted with narrowed his before turning to me,
"you and I can share?" he said softly.

"I think I'll just share a burrito with Jake." I decided.

After what happened at home when Nadia called and Johnny went hopping and skipping to carry on a conversation with her, he wasn't in my good books right now. it reminded me that every time nadia beckoned, he would drop everything and go running to her.

"I'm going to go order the food. What do you guys want?" Hayden asked us.

Ruby was having crispy tacos and an iced tea, Lauren and Annie were sharing nachos and were having ginger ale, Carson and Hayden were having burritos and soda and Jake and I were having a burrito and sharing a coke.

"John? What are you having?" Hayden asked.
"Um..I'll just go with guac and nachos." He settled.
Hayden nodded and he and Carson went to the counter to order.

"Guys you know what I really wanna do. I think all of us should totally go to Six flags one of these days! Spring break's starting soon." Ruby suggested excitedly.
She loves theme parks!

"Why wait till spring break? We could go next weekend, I mean it's a weekend." Brynn suggested.

They all continued to make plans excitedly.
I pitched in from time to time, but John was the only one busy texting on his phone.

I peeped over his shoulder to see he was talking to Nadia. She was telling him how much she misses him but it's totally worth it cause she swears she saw Anwar Hadid wink at her when he was walking the ramp.

In his peripheral vision he might have noticed me looking and his fingers fumbled on the keypad before he switched his phone off with a cough.

A few minutes later the boys returned with our food and we all got busy talking and eating.

"Guys after this do you wanna go to the fair? There's a really cool one near the beach." Jacob said his mouth full of food.
"Yeah sounds cool." Carson said and all of us agreed.

"What's wrong Johnny?
how come you're so quiet?" Annie asked.
John looked up from his plate,"No reason. Guess I'm just hungry."

I know him well enough to say the expression on his face meant something was on his mind.
I decided to ask him later.

After eating and paying for our food we went outside.
It was windy outside and Jacob wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.
He leaned down to kiss me on my lips, making me laugh before it quickly subsided. I was painfully aware of Johnny's presence as he walked slowly behind us.

"Let's just leave our cars and walk down to the beach. It's nice and windy. And there's a nice little fair happening as well." Hayden suggested.

"Um you know what guys, I'm pretty tired. I think I'll probably head home." Johnny said
making me frown.
I don't know why he was so distracted today.

"Oh okay, see you later then buddy." Hayden said, giving him a friendly punch on the shoulder.
"I'll give you and Lauren a ride home." Jacob mumbled to me and I nodded.

Jacob stepped away as Johnny approached me.

"I'll see you later Kenz." John whispered, moving towards my ear.

"Why won't you stay? You said we were going to hang out." I questioned, upset.

He gave me a smile but there was no humour in it.
"Have fun with Brown." he walked off, shoving his phone into his pocket.

I scowled at his back.
He was the one who ruined our date in the first place.
Ugh he's so annoying.

-

We walked down to the beach, trailing behind the boys.

"What's up with Johnny today?Any idea Kenz?" Ruby asked.
"Oh I think he just missed Nadia." I mumbled.
"Or he's upset that you didn't share tacos with him.." Brynn joked.

I laughed it off as we reached.

The fair was cute and very boho.
There were street lights, small cute shops and lots of places to eat. In the middle there was even a Ferris wheel.

"Oooh who wants to get some ice cream?" Brynn said, eyeing an ice cream cart near where we were standing.

"I'm totally up for it." Hayden said and we made our way to the cart.

We all got ice cream and then made our way to a small bench near the water.
We were all having our ice creams and I was snuggled up to Jacob.
Hayden, Annie and Lauren were talking and Brynn Carson and Ruby were arguing about something or the other.

I sighed, leaning against Jacob shutting my eyes.
"Sleepy?" He whispered against my hair.
"A little." I mumbled back and he laughed a little pulling me up on his lap.
"Why don't we have that date tomorrow. But instead of hiking I say we go for sushi. I can't keep up with all your adventurous activities." Jacob joked, poking at my sides.
"Hey! I thought you were into all of that. I don't mind sushi, in fact it's better!"
His chest was shaking and I could tell he was laughing.

With his finger he gently turned my chin towards his face and his lips met mine, softly.
I kissed him back and it was really sweet. I liked him. I liked him a lot.

"Stop with the PDA guys we're leaving." Carson interrupted.
We pulled away with smiles on our faces.

Jacob held my hand all the way back to the car.
"See you later guys." I waved.
Brynn came towards me giving me a side hug,"You and Jake are the cutest. I told you it'll work out."
I scrunched up my nose,"hmm I guess you were right then."
She squeezed my nose and then gave me a kiss on the cheek,"I love ya cutie. Good night."
"Night."

Lauren got into the backseat while I slipped into the passengers seat next to Jake.

He dropped Lauren off first and then me.

"Good night Kenz."He said giving me a loving peck," Don't forget our date tomorrow!"

"I'd never." I joked smiling and then got out.

He waited for me to reach my front door before he drove off.
I had a spare key and opened the door to my house.
I left the key on the counter and went straight up to my room.

I couldn't stop smiling!
Jake is the sweetest boy ever.

I change into my pajamas and hop into bed.

I looked over at my window but Johnny's blinds were drawn.

I shrugged, taking out my laptop and head phones and putting on an episode of Full House.

This chapter was mostly just a filler. Oh and also my other book 'What If' has been removed temporarily cause I'm editing it and trying the make it less cringey haha.

Keep voting and commenting💗

~annie