sིiིxི

Gray sat on Erza's front porch with a frown on his face, his fingers squeezing his cigarette with slightly more pressure than what was necessary.

He sat on the small wooden swing that was attached to the little roof above Erza's porch, tapping his foot at a fast pace as he slightly swung back and forth.
He laid his elbows on his thighs, a hand tangled in his hair and pulling tightly as anger beat against his ribcage, desperate to claw it's way to the surface.

The cold night air wasn't doing anything to help Gray feel better, and that fact was only adding to his overwhelming frustration.
He took another drag of his cigarette, furrowing his eyebrows as he thought about how infuriated he was at whatever was wrong with him.

'What the fuck?! Why the fuck am I still thinking about Juvia?! I've got Briar! I've always had Briar! Juvia was just a fling! And it was never even a real fling anyway! It was all a stupid bet!' Gray's thoughts screamed in his head. 'Just a god damn bet!'

Gray sucked in a sharp breath as he felt himself begin to shake in anger and frustration and sadness. He felt the uninterested mask he wore daily cracking, the ice wall around his heart being pound against.

Gray's breath became rigid and fast, all of his muscle's tensing up so hard they hurt. He shut his eyes and folded his lips tightly, clenching his jaw as he held back his rage.
His shoulder's tensed up and his grip on his hair grew stronger as he pulled harder, feeling a searing pain as he felt like he was about to rip his hair from his scalp.

"Well you don't look too good."

Gray almost jumped as he heard a sudden voice, but he managed to keep his composure and throw up the mask of the uninterested delinquent as quick as lightening. He opened his eyes slowly and moved his head up to the source of the voice, only to be met with the sight of Erza Scarlet standing at the now open front door.
Light was pouring out from the house onto a small portion of the porch, and the sickening yellow glow made Gray want to gag.

Gray rolled his eyes at the sight of the red-head and let out a small grunt, turning his head away from Erza and down at his shoes. He took another puff of his cigarette, closing his eyes tightly to try and steady his jagged breathing.

Gray heard Erza's shoe lightly step down onto the porch, followed closely behind by the soft sound of the front door shutting.
Gray listened to Erza's graceful footfalls as she approached him on the swing, the tense atmosphere around Gray not going unnoticed.

Gray felt the weight on the small, two person swing shift. He picked his head up slowly and looked back up from the ground and at Erza.
She was looking down at him, and Gray couldn't stop from flinching at how stern yet sympathetic her gaze was.

It aggravated him.

"What do you want Erza?" Gray asked in what could only be described as a poisonous tone, his eyes wondering off to the street in front of Erza's house.

"I want to know why you're out here throwing a tantrum when your girlfriend is waiting for you inside." Erza spat, her voice monotone except for the bare hint of anger lacing her words.

Gray rolled his eyes again, his frown growing.
"Why do you care? Shouldn't you be worried about Jellal?" Gray retorted, waiting for an angry response or even a slap across the face.
When it was quiet though, Gray looked back up at Erza.

Her eyes were narrowed and she was glaring across the street at a neighbors trash cans, her arms crossed tightly. Her fists were balled up and her shoulders were tense.
She was seething, and it stunned Gray to the point that he didn't know how to react.

He had never seen her this angry.

After what felt like a minute, Gray watched as Erza abruptly stood up. She looked down at Gray, her glare never once faltering.

Gray gave Erza a deadpan look in return, not really feeling like giving into her. He raised his eyebrow lightly and frowned, waiting for Erza to speak again.

Erza frowned, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath before opening them again and quickly making direct eye contact with Gray.
She put one hand on her hip, taking in a breath before spiting out four words in an angry tone.
"You're really an asshole." Erza practically hissed, venom seeping through her words.

Gray narrowed his eyes, ready to question his red haired friend. However he didn't get that chance, as she turned away from Gray and walked to the front door.
She grabbed the handle and pushed it down, throwing the door open. She stomped through the door, and Gray watched on as she slammed the door shut behind her in a flash.

The sound was loud in Gray's ears, but he just stared blankly at the door with a frown still present on his face.

After a moment of staring at the still front door, Gray sighed and looked back out at the neighbors trash cans with an expressionless face.
'Well, I guess that's my que to go home.' Gray said to himself.

He stared for a another second more, putting his hands on both sides of the swing as he pushed off.
Gray grunted as he stood up, turning and ramming his cigarette down into the ash tray that sat on a small wooden table placed next to the swing.

Gray dropped the cigarette in the tray when he was sure it wasn't lit anymore, stretching his arms as he stepped off of Erza's porch and onto the wet grass in the front yard.

He turned right and began walking across the front yard to the driveway where his car was parked, Erza's words now long thrown out and disregarded.