tིwིeིnིtིy oིnིeི

~~~~~~~~~~~~5 weeks ago~~~~~~~~~~~
Gray sat on his bed, waiting for Juvia as she made popcorn in his kitchen. He scrolled through movies on Netflix, but he couldn't concentrate on any of them.

He was going to tell Juvia.

He was going to tell her the truth.

He was going to tell her about everything. About the deal, the reason he started talking to her, and how Jellal had called it all off.

He was going to tell her how he truly felt.

Gray's thoughts were interrupted as he heard Juvia open the door and walk in, shutting it behind her.
He looked up at her beautiful face and felt that painful aching love, filling him with anxiety and confidence at the same time.

Juvia smiled back at him, placing the popcorn on his bedside table and getting into bed with him, finding her way against him and under his arm.
"Did Gray-sama find a good movie?" Juvia asked, snuggling up to Gray.

Gray looked down at Juvia and swallowed, taking a deep breath before smiling down at her.
"Nah, nothing good. But Juvia, I have something I need to tell you." Gray replied, sitting up straight and removing himself from Juvia.

He turned to face her fully and she sat up as well, confused at his sudden seriousness.
"What is it Gray-sama?" She asked, looking extremely concerned.

Gray's heart beat faster, his throat closing up as he struggled to get the words out. His ears rang loudly, muffling the words coming from his mouth. He felt his body go numb and panic spread throughout his veins, watching Juvia's face contort as he explained himself.

He watched on in horror as tears pooled in the corners of her eyes and she gave him the most heartbroken look he had ever seen.

The sight broke him, but he knew he had to keep going.

He spilled the beans, never stopping to let her get in the words. And when Gray shut his mouth, finally done with his explanation, he still felt like he couldn't breathe.

He hadn't heard any of it, only the loud ringing.

Juvia looked down at her lap, and there was silence between the two.
Gray heard Juvia whisper something, but he couldn't make it out.

"Juvia?" He choked out, trying to stop his body from shaking.

"How could Gray-sama?" She stuttered, repeating herself.
The panic spread, and Gray knew this wasn't going to end the way he wanted it to.

"Juvia you have to understand, that's not who I am anymore. Jellal called off the deal and everything, I didn't want to hurt you."

Gray tried to grab Juvia's hand, but she pulled away from him, the most angry and vicious look he had ever seen reflecting in her eyes.
"Don't touch Juvia!" Juvia screamed, getting off his bed and running out of his bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

Gray's body reacted and he immediately chased after her, catching her as she pulled on her coat.
He grabbed her wrist again and she pulled away once more, glaring at him with the same ferocity she had earlier.

"Juvia I-"

"No! Juvia doesn't want to hear anything Gray-sama has to say! Gray-sama is a liar!"

Tears were falling like waterfalls down Juvia's face, her aura growing distant and cold. He saw her body shaking as she tried to hold back small whimpers. Her lips quivered as she stared at Gray, recoiling into herself.

Gray grew silent, wiping away his own tears now. He stared at her longingly, reaching his hand up to touch her again.
But Gray could see her anger and sadness and heartbreak, and he slowly put it back down.

"Juvia hates you Gray-sama." She spoke softly, staring into his eyes as she spoke. Her voice was firm, yet soft and broken at the same time.

The words struck him like lightning, and he felt more and more tears running down his face.

He opened his mouth to speak, but he couldn't find the words.

And before Gray knew it, Juvia had turned away from him, opening his front door and walking out.

That night, standing alone in his home, Gray felt cold for the first time in his life.