sིiིxིtིeིeིnི

Lucy stared across the cafeteria, watching from the corner of her eye as Natsu chatted away with Gajeel and one of the football players, Loke, on the other side of the room.

Her friends all conversed and ate lunch around her, Sting complaining about his man crush again.
She knew they were talking, but she couldn't focus on the conversation.

Her heart ached as he smiled, the blood pumping through her veins boiling with anger and sadness.

He hurt her best friend.
He was not to be trusted.
And yet, her heart still called out his name.

'Why won't you get out of my head?' Her thoughts echoed, the aura around her darkening as their memories resurfaced in her mind.

As her mind whirled with memories and the painful ache of lose, Lucy felt warmth on her shoulder.
She flinched, turning her head away from her now cold lunch and up to Juvia, who's pale hand was clasping her shoulder softly.

"Lucy-san should talk to him." Juvia spoke lowly, giving Lucy a bright smile.

Lucy lifted an eyebrow, turning her body towards Juvia. She leaned closer, shaking her head lightly.
"I can't." Lucy whispered back, looking at her other friends to make sure none of them noticed the silent conversation between the pair.

Juvia shook her head and smiled again, dropping her hand to Lucy's, clasping it tightly.
"Yes, Lucy-san can. Natsu-san is a wonderful guy, and he loves Lucy-san more than life."

Hope struck Lucy's heart again, but was overshadowed by guilt.
"Juvia, I won't. He hurt you."

Juvia shook her head once again, frowning now.
"No Lucy-san, he hurt you."

The words hit Lucy like a semi-truck, causing her to flinch as Juvia's words bounced around in her head.

There was silence between the pair as Lucy leaned back and slid her hand away from Juvia's, her eyes wide from the shock. She wasn't expecting that, she wasn't expecting Juvia to fire back with that.

And the worst part was that it was the truth.

Juvia sighed and grabbed Lucy's hand once more, putting it up to her heart.
"Juvia has already forgiven him, but Lucy-san hasn't yet. The real question is if Lucy-san will be able to find it in her heart to trust Natsu-san again."

Then, Juvia dropped Lucy's hand and turned back to her lunch, jumping back into the group conversation like nothing had ever happened, leaving Lucy to sit and stare in awe.

'Am I ready to forgive Natsu?'