fིiིfིtིeིeིnི

Juvia sat alone in the barren cafeteria, doodling on her math notebook as she waited for her best friend Meredy-san to be done with her club meeting.

Suddenly Juvia heard footsteps, and she perked her head up with a smile. Juvia dropped her pen on her notebook and looked towards the footsteps, only to be met with the stoic eyes of Jellal-sama, Erza-san's boyfriend.

Juvia's face went pale, the memories of what Jellal-sama had done flashing through her mind like pictures.

Jellal-sama made eye contact with Juvia as he walked up to her table and gave her a blank look.
"Is this seat taken?" He asked, trying to give Juvia a smile.
Juvia gulped and shook her head without thinking, her hands shaking in her lap as she stared at Jellal-sama.

Juvia looked down as he sat down, chewing on the inside of her cheek anxiously.
There was silence between Juvia and Jellal-sama before Jellal-sama sighed, causing Juvia to look back up at him.

"Juvia...." Jellal-sama started, anguish clear in his voice. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I wish I didn't hurt you, and while I can't change the past all I can do is affect my future. I really hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I'm not the same Jellal I was 6 months ago."

Juvia's eyes went wide as Jellal-sama spoke, but Juvia couldn't hear any of it. Her ears were filled by white noise, the shock ricocheting through her body like a bullet.

Juvia blinked and tried to tune herself back into Jellal-sama's words, trying to grasp what exactly was happening.

"If I'm being honest, the only reason I took that stupid job was because I needed money." Jellal spoke, the anger he felt at himself clear.

Juvia tilted her head to the side and turned more towards Jellal-sama, grabbing one of his hands.
"Is Jellal-sama ok?" She asked, startled by the thought that Jellal-sama was struggling with money.

Jellal-sama stared at Juvia in shock for a moment before giving her a small smile.
"No, I'm not struggling for money or anything. It was actually to buy this."

Jellal-sama then reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a red velvet covered box.
Juvia gasped, both hands flying to cover her mouth.

Jellal-sama chuckled awkwardly and opened the box to show Juvia the ring inside, scratching the back of his neck and looking away shyly.
"It's for Erza."

Excited bubbled in Juvia's chest, causing her to smile from ear to ear.
"Oh Jellal-sama! Erza-san will love it!" Juvia exclaimed, examining the gold banded ring that held an exotic blue stone on top of it.

Jellal-sama laughed and then closed the box, shoving it back into his pocket.
"Don't tell Erza ok?" He asked, smiling brightly at Juvia.
Juvia nodded quickly, barely able to contain her excitement.
"Yes! Juvia promises!"

Jellal-sama's smile fell as he stared at Juvia's smile, causing him to look away.
Juvia blinked a few times before understanding Jellal-sama's hesitation.
"Jellal-sama..." Juvia trailed, making Jellal-sama look back up at Juvia.

"Yes?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Juvia gave Jellal-sama the brightest smile she could, grabbing both his hands in hers.
"Juvia forgives you!"