Chapter 1

Ivy's POV

"Hey mom." I said speaking into my phone. My mom was just really worried about me now that I'm living on my own. I can't blame her I'm her only child and she is all I got ever since my father passed.

"Hello my beautiful daughter is everything okay up there in the big city." She said putting a warm smile on my face. I was originally from Chicago, Illinois so moving to New York was a big move even for me.

"Yeah everything is good still getting settled in." I said looking around the big apartment. "How about you, are you good, do you need anything?"

"Ivy don't worry about me I'm a grown woman who is not in need of assistance." She said making me laugh.

"I'm just worried about you since you were the one who moved." She said pointing out the obvious.

"Yeah yeah I know but think of all the money I'm going to get now that I'm going to be able to achieve my dreams." I said thinking about how I'm going to be an psychologist.

"Ivy just know that everything isn't about money and don't stress yourself either." She said assuring me. "Also have a good time my beautiful daughter and don't be so quick to find the love of your life."

"Okay miss know it all I have to get back to you tomorrow I love you." I said.

"Love you too Ivy don't forget what I said." she said quickly before hanging up.

My mom is a true loving mother and she will always have my respect. She is the one who encouraged me to do anything I want in life and that's what I'm doing.

Now back to my apartment I still have a lot of unpacking and cleaning to do so I turn on some music and order pizza while I'm at it.

~~~~~~~~~~
1 HR LATER

Finally, being done with this unpacking. I hurry up and get dressed to go pick up my pizza but struggling to put my long coil hair into ponytail I just give up and wear it out in a huge fro.

Walking down the street choosing not to take my car I think I just needed a walking experience in the city but did I regret this choice. I bump into a girl by accident. She was really pretty she had high cheek bones like mine, slanted eyes and golden brown skin.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." I said helping her pick up her stuff

"It's okay darling these things happen all the time." She said with a really strong accent. She happened to put out her hand greeting me. "Olivia."

"Ivy Jade." I said shaking her hand

"You aren't from around here are you?" She said with suspicion in her voice.

"Nah I'm from another big city Chicago actually." I said proudly.

"Cool. You know this might sound weird but I feel like we would be great friends maybe we should exchange numbers." She suggested.

"Sure why not." I said handing her my phone and she handing me hers.

Olivia and I end up going to the same pizza place and decided to eat there to get to know each other a little bit more.

"Yup and my teacher ended up calling my parents after that." She said finishing off her story about when she got caught cheating on a test. We were laughing it turned out we were going to be good friends after all.

All of a sudden Olivia looked like she had seen a ghost I turn around to look out the restaurant window and see a whole bunch of men that were wearing suits. One of them caught my eye I had to admit he was very handsome with his dark slick back hair , tanned olive skin, and perfect jaw line. Catching myself from staring I look back too Olivia.

"Who are those men?" I asked her. She was still looking anxious like she was trying to hide.

"Those are the Russo men. They run a lot of cities." Olivia said looking me in my eye "Look Ivy you don't want to get involved with those men."

Olivia said looking back at one of them who didn't look to different from the one that caught my eye he had messing brownish hair and brown eyes to match.

"You look like you have history with that one." I said looking at her with concern.

"I think we should go it's getting late." She said avoiding what I just said.

We start walking down the street it was about 9:32 and it was drizzling. The city looked really nice at night time.

"Well this is my stop." I said looking at the apartment building. "It was really nice meeting you Olivia , maybe we could hang out another time."

"Yeah I agree, I could show you around this city."She said in excitement.

"That would be amazing." I said happily now I know that I will have a tour so I won't get lost. "Bye for now Liv." I said giving her a nickname

She smiled "See you later Jade."

Taking the elevator upstairs to meet my final destination I see the Russo men that we saw earlier coming out of the apartment down the hall. The one that caught my eye is smiling showing off his pearly white teeth ,but I look down to only see a horrifying picture there were blood stains all over his shirt. I hurry up and unlock my door to go inside. Hoping that they didn't see me I lock my door and look out the peep hole. Nothing I see nothing but the hallway. I take off my shoes and get in the shower. When I get out I hurry , detangle my hair and put it into two braids then finally get my bonnet and put it over my head.

When I get to my bed I pray that those memories that were seen are soon to be forgotten and I slowly drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instagram: applejadeee

The first chapters "His Light Element" is done
Tell me what you think about it.