chapter 20

Anjali pov :-

Kunal took deep breath, but remained silent. I held his hand "kunal I know something is bothering you. Tell me what is it?? ". I said squeezing his plam.
"you don't know Anju. You can't understand ". He said shaking his head. I smiled at him and said " try me ". He looked at me and sighed..
"At the age of 14 my parents died in bomb blast, I was left on streets . For many days I slept on footpath in freezing cold, starved for food ". He pause, then continued " but one day arjun found me on the main road fainted . He took me to hospital, seeing my miserable state, he took me to his house as his brother. Since then I have been with him. Then I met Dhruv, he was very kind to me. One day I met sandy. She was arjun's dads friend daughter . She used to come here every day. We became best friends in a short time. I didn't know when my feelings for her changed from best friend to something more".

"I would spend all my time with her. I would smile when ever she smiles. My day would starts with her and ends with her. But one day she confessed her feelings for Dhruv to me. I was broken. But I didn't wanted her to know about it so I distant my self from her. I'm happy for her and Dhruv". He completed and turned to me.

"hey anju, why stop crying ". He said wiping my tears which I don't have any idea, when they started to flow down from my eyes
"what about you kunal?. You have suffered so much in life. " said as fresh tears started to flow from my eyes .

"I'm fine anju. It's hurts a little but I'll over come it. Dhruv and sandy deserve to be happy. So did arjun ". Then he held both my hands.
"arjun has suffered lot in his life Anju. His life was filled with darkness for years. But you stepped into his life like a ray of light, dragging him from dark to light. You are his only happiness Anju.please give him a chance ". He said and left.

I was now laying on the couch since the bed is wet due to whatever arjun did. I closed my eyes . Kunal's word kept on repeating in my mind.
I opened my eyes and my heart skipped a beat when I saw arjun standing near the couch looking at me.

"why aren't you sleeping on bed ". He slurred and thick alcohol smell hit my nose . I got up into sitting position.

"you are drunk ". I stated.

"that's not answer for my question ". He said and frowned .
"the bed is wet so... " I trailed off.

He just hmmed and stood there looking at. I got up and tried to walk pass him but he held my wrist.
"I'm.... I'm.. Sorry about this afternoon ". He is so drunk that he can't even talk properly.

I just nodded not wanting to talk about it. "I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have done that. But seeing you like that my control sliped out. I gave into my desire . I know whatever I done is unforgivable but please for give me". He slurred again.

"it's okay ". I said and freed my hand started to walk to the door.
"where are you going ". He questioned from behind.
"I'll bring you something to eat. You shouldn't sleep in empty stomach with only alcohol init ". I said without turning to him and walked out.

I entered our room with plate of food and glass of water in my hands. He was sitting on the floor, resting his head on the couch stretching out his legs. I placed food plate on his lap .

"eat". I said.
He took plate in his hand ,he tare a piece of roti and put it in his nose.

God! He is not even in his senses

I sighed and sat beside him on the floor,taming plate in my hand.
I took a piece of roti and dipped it in gravy and placed it near his mouth.

He looked at me with some deep emotion then started to eat. I made him eat three roties. When I got up to go he pulled me back ,beside him . I was facing him now.