chapter 27

Anjali pov :-

I fell on the ground. I felt pain in my shoulder as I hit the ground. I  stood up with difficulty to see the person who was aiming at Arjun, he was laying on the ground whinching in pain as bullet hit his hand.

Someone taped on my shoulder, I hissed in pain while turning around. It was arjun. By the look in his I can tell that he wasn't happy.

"didn't I tell you to stay inside the car? ". He questioned me trying to control his anger. I glanced on the surroundings, arjuns men were already here dealing with our attackers.
"I asked you something, I expect an answer ".. Arjun almost yelled at me holding my shoulders to gain my attention. I hiss in pain when he held my shoulders.

"what happened?? ". He questioned me but without listening to reply he started to examine my shoulder.
He touched my shoulder adding little pressure to it. I again hissed in pain.
He let out a sigh,
"why do you always defy me angel. Why didn't you stay in the car? ".. He questioned me in frustration.

"how can sit inside seeing you fighting alone.. I wanted to help you ". I said in low tone.
"I definitely don't need your help . You can't even handle repulse of trigger, you fell down from it, how can you helpe me?".. I got angery that he underestimated me and my ability.

"I just saved your life from that man, don't doubt my ability ". I snapped at him. But he laughed at it.

"why are you laughing? ". I frowned at him. He just shook his.
"nothing, let's go home. " he said ,holding my wrist he led me the car other car. I lifted my hand to open car door but cried in pain. That shoulder realy hurts bad.

Arjun opened car door for me. I got inside as he took seat beside me. The driver drove us to the house. The whole ride was silent, Arjun didn't asked me about my shoulder pain, he seems to be in realy deep thoughts, But I felt hurt. I got hurt by trying to save his life and he isn't concerned about pain.

We reached our house. Arjun got down and straight away went inside not bothering to open door for me.

Is he still angery on me because of  morning incident?

Driver opened door for me, I got out and went inside. Arjun and kunal were in the living room. Kaira was also there . I went near them and sat beside arjun.  I held his forearm to check his wound but I forgot about my shoulder sprain which resulted in me whincing pain. That dragged all there attention to me.

"Anju what happened ?". Kunal questioned me in worried tone. Kaira has the same expression as kunal.

"nothing, just sprain in my shoulder ". I said replied them and turned to arjun. "I'll remove your stitches " I informed him and stood up from the couch but Arjun stopped me.

"don't need . You got sprain. Kaira will remove the stitches. Why dont You go and put some ice pack on your shoulders " he said in his emtionless voice which slash my heart .
"yeah Anju, you should take rest. I'll remove his stitches". Kaira said to me genuinely worried for my shoulder.

Kaira brought tweezers and scissors to remove the stitches . She held his arms and started removing his stitches one by one. She applied some ointment on the wound after  removing stitches. All the while me standing there staring at him.
First time in my life I was angry  on kaira that she held arjuns hand,I don't know why.

He didn't even took a glance at me. Unable to stand there, I went to upstairs to our room and sat on the bed thinking about arjuns cold behaviour towards me.

I really don't like this side of Arjun.

My shoulder was paining as hell, I couldn't even lift my hand. I sighed and went downstairs to have dinner without freshening up.
I was walking down the stairs but stopped in middle of the tracks when my sight fell on dining room.
Arjun, kunal, kaira were eating dinner. What hurted me is that Arjun was eating dinner without me. They didn't even called me to have dinner.

He was the one who dragged me out of the hospital when aunty asked me to have dinner, but now he is eating without me. I turned around and went back to my room. I cried my self to sleep that night .

~~~~

I woke up in the morning to find the other half of the bed empty and awfully cold .

That means he didn't came to bed last night.

I sighed and got up from the bed. Then I felt pain on my shoulder which I forgot about. When I placed my hand on my shoulders I felt something wet,  It was ointment .
I frown, I don't remember applying ointment on my shoulder. But I ignored it. I got up from the bed to fresh up. But I still can't lift my hand properly.

I need help in taking bath..

I went downstairs to ask kaira or Lakshmi akka for help. Lakshmi akka said kaira returned to her home last night.  So I asked Lakshmi akka for help.

She helped me to get undressed then I took a bath relaxing my sore shoulder. After bath I dried my self.
Now the main problem is, what should I wear. As I can't even lift my left shoulder shirt, salwar are not an option. So  I was left with Saree.
I asked Lakshmi akka to help me in wearing it. She did, I was all ready except my hair. I thanked her and send her off as she had to prepare breakfast.

But I really felt uncomfortable in Saree today because I didn't wear it on my own. I was walking down the stairs when I stumbled on my Saree and lost my balance. I closed my eyes ready for the impact but before I could hit the ground two muscular arms held my waist and prevented me from falling.

I opened my eyes and saw a pair of green eyes staring into mine. I missed them terribly in one night. I straighten myself and mumbled thank you.  He just gave me a nod and started to move away. But I held his wrist stopping him, he didn't turned to me.
"why didn't you come to bed yesterday Arjun? " I questioned him.

"I had work" was his reply.
"are you going to come bed  tomarrow? "I questioned him
"may be not ". He kept his answer short
" was this about yesterday's incident ?". I asked him. We should clear this, I can't handle his cold behaviour any more.

He turned towards me and cupped my face " believe me it doesn't have anything this to with it. Just want to be along for sometime". He said and kissed my forehead before walking away.

I don't know how to express my feelings right now. I want to know what's troubling him. I want to help him,but how can I do that if he keeps pushing me away .

I was sitting on the bench in the backyard when Dhruv came and sat beside me. "I see you  thinking about something ". He said as I didn't acknowledge him.
I wanted to share my feelings with someone so I decided to tell him.
"arjun seems to worried with something these days, I want to help him but he isn't ready to open up ". I said everything to Dhruv .

Dhruv sighed heavily " Anju its very hard for him to open up. He is bearing this pain since his teenage. And at this particular time he get back all those terrible memories from his past. Only you can free him from this pain. Please Anju dont give up on him. He needs you ". Dhruv said holding my hands.

"what do you mean by this particular time ". I questioned.

Dhruv sighed heavily " he lost his whole family on this day Anju. It's the day he could never forget. Usually he would just isolate himself for weeks but this time he didn't, just because you. Please Anju go to him. He needs you please ". He pleaded me.

After hearing Dhruv I couldn't hold back my tears. Arjun had been going through this all alone. I stood up, my legs automatically started walking towards arjuns study room.

***********************************

Hello guys

How was the chapter?

Don't forget to

vote and

comment