The Uplifting Understanding

Understanding is a word which here means catch up as in a discussion in which two parties discuss what they have been up to recently.

         The Baudelaire's had followed the woman named Sally Sebald into her car. Once they sat down the woman started talking. "I know you kids must be very afraid." she started. "The first thing I need to know is if you encountered a man on your way back from the island." she asked. "Nope" Klaus said.

         "But we did get a message from Fiona" Violet said. "As in the Captain of the Queequeg" Sally asked. "Yes" Klaus replied. "Anyway she said that she and her brother Fernald had found Captain Widdershins" Violet finished. "Oh my" Sally said. "That is great news" she continued.

        "But that evil man Fernald is with them. He was kicked out of V.F.D years ago and joined Count Olaf's hopeless troupe" she said. "Well we do agree with you but he has reformed" Klaus responded. "You know what that man did to Anwhistle Aquatics" Sally questioned. "Yes, but he had the intention of destroying the Medusoid Mycelium" Violet replied. "I guess, we have much larger problems to discuss" Sally said.

         "I think the first thing I must inform you guys of is the crumbling state of V.F.D. During the year you kids were gone you were cleared of the false accusations made on you by The Daily Punctilio. The evidence was provided by someone you may recall. His name is Lemony Snicket" she started. "Lemony Snicket. He was the man who asked us to leave the hotel with him in the taxi" Klaus recalled. "Remember in the book our parents wrote. It mentioned that they were going to name me Lemony" Violet also remembered.

         "Yes" Sally said. He was very close with your mother. "They were going to be married until the schism" she said. "I don't think it is my place to tell you anymore" Sally finished. "You will learn the details of the schism in due time" she said. "Anyway to brief you more on the state of V.F.D, over the past year our organization has been pushed in to hiding by many villains. We had recruited some new agents to carry on V.F.D including a lot of people you met in the Hotel Denouement" she said. "By the way everybody survived the Hotel Denouement fire. Villains and Volunteers alike" she pointed out. "Finally the coveted Sugar Bowl is being delivered by Lemony to the island which is contaminated with the Medusoid Mycelium. As Lemony is immunized he can drop the Bowl on the island and keep it away from evil forever" she stated.