The Quizzical Quagmire

Julia Scieszka was overwhelmed. She had just been told that her late mother was one of the early members of a secret organization that put out both literal and figurative fires in the world. She had also been informed about a certain schism that separated V.F.D into a fire starting and fire fighting and lead to many literal and figurative fires that killed many members of V.F.D. She was also told that the villains that captured her were now wanted criminals and were the leaders of the evil fire starting villains.

         Her sister had just brought "Uncle Frank" as Julia now called him to the living room to talk about a certain item that had something to do with V.F.D. Jacquelyn sent Julia to her room with a hug. "So Frank did you really find it" Jacquelyn asked. "Yes I did" he responded. "Where was it" she asked. "The Last Safe Place, The Real Last Safe Place" he confirmed looking a bit sad due to the reminder of his late brother.

         "This is the perfect time to spark some hope in V.F.D" Jacquelyn said. "At the end of the session I will show all of V.F.D that we have the sugar bowl" she continued. "Oh, everybody will be arriving in a few hours" Frank realized. "I'm gonna head upstairs and get ready" he said. "Ok, see you later" said Jacquelyn. "Wait" she interrupted. "Now that Lemony is innocent is he coming" "Yes he will come, Sally convinced him" he replied.

         When Frank reached one of the many guest rooms he thought about his brother who had recently died. He knew that his brother Ernest had been watching at the funeral because he saw a gleam of a spyglass coming from the roof of a nearby building. He hoped that one day his brother would realize how evil the people he was working with were.

         He knew that he and the rest of V.F.D were in a schismatic quagmire and it needed to be solved. He hoped that his recovery of the sugar bowl would save the secret organizations legacy and keep it going into future generations as a fire fighting organization instead of a fire starting one.

         I am sad to report that I can answer one of Frank Denouement questions. The schismatic quagmire that the organization was in was not nearly over.