Heathens pt 1 (Bruce Banner x Rikki Barnes)

"Wake up" The Winter Soldier slaps the face of the young woman in the bed in front of him as the alarms rage around him. "Come on, wake up" he grabs her face. "You have to wake up, right now" he presses his forehead to hers. "Damn it, there's no time" he reaches for the cuffs on her wrists and snaps them from the bed frame, before doing the ones on the other side, lifting her up he turns, shifts her slightly and then steps into the hall, only to shield her from the bullets that are fired at him, he growls, and grabs a gun from his thigh and fires back. He thought he got most of them on the way in, so he wouldn't have to deal with them on the way out. He looks to the woman. "Could really use your gift for escaping right about now" he mumbles as more foot soldiers appear. One of them trips and accidentally shoots one of his allies and then another, The Winter Soldier raises an eyebrow and looks to the woman. "Guess it still works, even if you are unconscious" he stands and moves in the opposite way, keeping her shielded.

......................

The Winter Soldier settles the woman across the back seat of the car he'd stolen on the way to the Hydra base, he stares at her for a few seconds before stroking her cheek and then covering her with a blanket and closing the door, he rounds the car and climbs into the driver's side, throwing his gun to the side and runs his fingers through his hair, he turns back to her and touches her face. He turns back forward and starts the car, driving away from Hydra.

......................

The Winter Soldier's knee bounces as he watches her sleep, he'd driven to a motel room as far away as he could before the petrol run out, managed to book a room without too much trouble and then sat watch, waiting for her to wake up, she should have woken up by now, the sedative they kept her under with would have needed topping up, they should have worked free of her system by now. He stands and moves towards her, his arm whirling away as he does, he doesn't want to startle her.

"Hey" he calls. "You awake?" he asks kicking the bed. She doesn't move. He purses his lips and grunts before leaning over her and reaching for her shoulder, she then suddenly wakes and spins grabbing his arm, she swings herself off of the bed pulling him with her, she twists his arm behind his back and shoves her knee between his shoulder blades.

"Where is my handler?" she asks, the Winter Soldier's eyes turn sad. He hangs his head.

"It's me" he whispers. "It's Bucky...." her grip tightens on his arm. "It's Bucky....do...do you remember me?"

"Bucky?" he smiles a little and nods his head.

"Yeah.....yeah, Rikki, it's me"

"You remember me?" she asks softly, he twists his head around to look at her. Her brown curls pulled back into a ponytail, her brown eyes dull, but starting to brighten.

"Yeah" she loosens her hold on his arm and he turns fully to her. "I'm so sorry, Rikki" he pulls her closer and kisses her cheek, she wraps her arms around his neck.

"You've never remembered me before" she mumbles against his chest. He wraps his arm tighter around her.

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" she buries her face into his chest. "I went back for you as soon as I did remember" he pulls back and touches her face. "You are okay?" she nods and smiles a little.

"Bucky....the things that they made me do...." he shakes his head. "I hurt people....so many people"

"I know....me too" he whispers into her hair, she moves and curls up on his lap. He wraps his arms tight around her and buries his nose in her hair for comfort.

............................

"Here" Bucky hands a bottle of water to Rikki as she leaves the bathroom, freshly showered and changed, she takes the water and smiles.