you're my safe haven

"You know, I can love you better if you'd just picked me from the start." Harry confessed, while picking some grass. We were both sitting on the wide green field, without nothing to do. Harry has been my friend since freshmen year. He is a one of a kind friend. He didn't leave my side when I came out to him accidentally when he was about to witness a scene he shouldn't see. Camila and I were drown in our feelings to not include reality. But I didn't know he had taken the next step of attraction. But I didn't get grossed up, I totally get it where he came from. I thought about it too, Harry was my safe choice but I didn't want that. My heart yearn for it's own and it only beat for the one who my eyes caught for. If only I was not gay, I would have choice him over and over again. After all, Harry is a handsome man with full of hopes and dreams. Even if he taken a like on me, Harry didn't leave my side and insist of taking his feelings aside for the sake of our friendship, he wouldn't want it be waste.

I sighed feeling the breeze of the wind brushed past against my skin, as his green eyes maintain their gaze on my side profile. "Harry. You're my best friend, I told this a million times. I love you as a friend but I hope you understand me. I don't like, like boys that much. I am gay you know that." I made my voice as soft as I could, just to not break his heart. I am his first love if I am not mistaken, he said it to me after that incident I don't want to talk about, luckily Camila gave us a moment of privacy since she's too embarrassed to even face Harry, and because I don't want my relationship with him to be washed away by the wind like nothing happened than I thought it wouldn't be.

He nodded timidly. I saw it at my peripheral view but I decided to be just quite in this moment and I am grateful when he seems to noticed my silent self. I don't know how or why this conversation start but I just started to open up with him when I couldn't take it anymore but to take it off my chest. Harry knew me as an open book when it comes to my feelings.

Camila and I had been recently arguing. In the simplest moments, she would snap at me any second. I get it, that she's a busy ant all the time. Working after school isn't gonna do her good, but all I ever say is I'd pay all her expenses if she'd just let me. Being the stubborn girl she is, didn't lend an ear. It taken a toll on me since our argument had been longer than the other ones. Our conversation turns into a heated argument instead of our cuddling sessions. I am flooded by the overflowing emotions when I think of all the times we argued, I didn't want that. The text turn cold as it was just almost summer breeze. I was just preoccupying myself and keep it that way for me to not to be stress all the time. I think I couldn't handle it, since there are so many lot of works to do.

Practice and Academics isn't a good compatible combination. I didn't regret it. Ever since Dad and I play when I was a kid, I knew I couldn't let my years to be wasted not playing any sports, specifically I play soccer. But I decided to take a break from it when schoolworks had become too much for me. It's been weeks and I had been dreading to play in field but I knew better than anything. I don't want to overwork myself, plus Mom scolded me for it.

A nudge on my shoulder, made me shook all those thoughts away and I looked at the latter.

Harry smiled at me. "You zoned off on me again." He chuckles, already on his feet, dusting his pants off and crunching down on my level. "Camila is on our way here, I think you both need privacy. So I'm going now, I'll meet you outside I guess." He kissed my forehead while I nodded at him as he grabbed his bag and waved one last time. "Text me when your going home!" I shouted at him, I giggled when he put out his big thumb in the air signaling, okay.

I watched as Harry disappeared through the hallways. I heard the rustling leaves and small footsteps behind me and I think I didn't need to see who it was, by the heavenly scent it brought to my nose making me feel at ease. One of the things when I'm with her is I'm all about sniffing her. I don't know why I do but I am hypnotized because I may or may not wanted to know whenever she is around by just the mere presence of her. I felt her sat beside me, making sure to leave out some space for my privacy. I refused to looked at her. But I wanted to, it's been a while since I saw her fully.