eight

+

as luke plopped onto the couch, she trudged into the kitchen to 'whip up some snacks' as her mother used to say all the time.

yeah, used to.

as she grabbed pretzels, she thought to herself.

and when bella thought, it wasn't good.

she heard luke say it. she heard calum ask.

she heard all of it.

her thoughts were interrupted by the annoying buzzing of her phone. not bothering to check caller id, she held it between her shoulder and ear.

'hello?'

'bella.' the voice said. calum.

'what is it calum?'

'why didn't you flipping tell me!' he shouted into the phone. jesus, why did he have to yell?

'don't yell' she muttered, earning a heavy sigh on the other line 'tell you about what, cal?'

'you didn't mind to even tell your best friend that you had a boyfriend!' he raised his voice, again.

'w-what do you mean? calum i don't have a boyfriend' she tried to not stutter.

she was right, she didn't. but the word made her throat dry and eyes gloss over. she never really liked the idea of love, since no one really loved her.

'don't play dumb with me!' he yelled 'you're dating the you-know-what hole who answered the door!' he knew she didn't like cursing, and she respected him that he didn't (even though he was probably furious).

'cal..-'

'don't call me that anymore.' he spat coldly as the line went dead.

she put a hand over her mouth as she help the tears back.

of all the people to loose, it just had to be calum.

she muttered a quick 'i'll be back' as she ran into the bathroom. she didn't exactly knew why she was crying, simply because it wasn't her fault that calum overreacted. she would've told him, but he made assumptions.

soon after, she heard a knocking on the door with a few muffled words like 'let me in'. when she didn't respond, he began to pound on the door.

'please bella' he whimpered as he rested his forehead on the door.

she crawled over to unlock the door and wrapped her hands around her knees as she pulled her legs up to her chest.

he swung open the door, panting like he ran a mile, with glossed over eyes.

'princess' he choked out as he knelt beside her.

'don't' she said refusing to look at him.

he thought she did something to herself.

and it scared him to death.

'bu-but..' he trailed off, refusing to tear his eyes away from her emotionless expression 'please, just hear me out'

she shook her head 'i can't luke' she breathed out as for tears came.

'it slipped out okay?' he was starting to get frustrated. so he rose his voice instinctively. 'you don't even understand bella!' he ran a hand through his hair and tugged slightly.

she flinched at his outburst.

'luk-'

'no bella' he yelled and stood up and pulled her up by the waist. 'you're all i have' he whimpered, letting out a huff.

'i-its calum, luke. he, he thinks you're my boyfriend and...' bella trailed off, afraid if she continued, her voice would fail her.

'im sorry okay? im sorry for everything. just..' he looked up at her 'it was a rush. like the confidence. i never felt like that and...it slipped'

'god i ruin everything bella' he muttered, bringing her back, as she said the same thing a month ago.

'luke?' she reached out hesitantly to put a hand on his cheek.

he looked up at her, his face flushed a light pink.

'we can ruin things together, i guess' she smiled, causing him to wrap his long arms around her.

he smiled into the crook of her neck and placed a tiny kiss there.

'couldn't wish for anything better.'

[a/n]

sigh

well shit.

- kat (lonelyvxbes)