eighteen

+

the next day bella was wheeled out of the hospital (which she thought was not necessary since she had legs and could walk perfectly fine on her own).

with the drive home being quite short, nothing important was said, the occasional laugh since one of the two would say the words of a song too loudly.

bella was pretty sure she was okay. sad, but okay.

i mean yeah, her hopes of maybe someday getting married or having one of those perfect relationships were basically nothing, but she told herself she would try.

she remembered her mother always telling her that

'some day, someone will see the beauty in you, honey. and if he doesn't come now, you'll have to wait for him to. i promise he will'.

she never believed her, and she didn't think she ever would.

love wasn't real. it couldn't be. it was just something everyone would wish for on a star or when the clock said 10:10.

bella and luke both used to believe in that.

even though bella didn't know, luke would always stay up as a kid just to wait for 11:11 so he could wish for anything.

it never came true though.

and another thing bella didn't know was that one of those wishes was about her.

[a/n]

i feel like shit today haH