sixteen

+

luke was torn from his sleep when the body next to him rolled over and curled up in a ball.

his eyes slowly opened to see bella holding her stomach in pain, small gasps for air coming from her mouth.

'princess?' he asked in panic, his voice still groggy from sleep.

'it hurts' she choked out while squeezing her eyes shut.

'shh' he sat up slowly and padded out to the hallway, knocking on her mother's door, the cream colored wood slowly opening when his fist collided with it.

the room was dark, but empty. she was probably doing a night shift at the new cafe downtown or something of the sort.

he raced back into the room, slipping his arms under her knees and lifting her up.

like last time, she was a little heavy, but not terribly heavy to where it took all of his might to pick the girl up.

practically flying out of the front door, he opened the back door and laid her on the seat, her body instantly curling up.

it felt like hands were tightly gripped around bella's neck, choking her, her body slowly feeling weaker. nothing had ever happened like this, and she was scared.

twenty minutes later, luke was carrying her into a pair of hospital doors, her gasps for air becoming more frequent.

she was now laying on an emergency room bed, her head pounding but breaths more calm.

they had hooked her up to many test, and had an iv in her upper wrist.

still curled up in a ball, she faced a very tired (simply because it was two in the morning) luke, who constantly yawned but would say he was fine for the lone fact that he didn't want to leave her side.

the hospital said they called her mother twenty minutes ago and she was supposed to arrive five minutes ago, but never showed.

rubbing circles on her palm, luke looked to the door were an older lady stood in a white coat.

'hello i am dr. vanessa mace, bella is it?' she walked over to the other side of the bed, pulling a small stool with wheels out from under the desk.

bella gave a faint nod and the doctor clicked her pen.

'i have good news and bad news, which would you like to hear first?'