twenty-four

+

the peacefully quiet walk home was short for bella as the cold wind whipped around, her hair looking like a bird's nest by now.

as the front door clicked behind her, she was met by a figure standing in the living room doorway.

'hi mom' she greeted with a mumble.

'where were you yesterday morning.' her mother responded flatly, ignoring her daughter's greeting.

'i was at cal- oh shoot, mom, im sorry' she quickly rambled out, suddenly aware of the forgotten invitation to the coffee shop.

'hmm' her mother disapprovingly hummed, tilted her head to the side as she crossed her arms.

'so' she started soon after 'where were you then?'

'i-i was at calum's house.'

'but what happened to 'ooh mom i'm going to "caring" luke's house and spending the night' huh?' she poorly mocked, throwing her arms around whilst doing the terrible impression.

'i didn't say that.'

'that's what i heard, dear'

'you must have heard wrong.' bella turned on her heel and padded up the stairs where she grabbed a bag and clothes.

normally, she wouldn't do this, but times like this were an exception.

soon after escaping from her mother (that honestly wasn't that hard to do), she walked down the sidewalk, passing different people who all looked at her when she passed.

of course, she thought.

during the long walk to her destination in mind, thoughts clouded her skull once more.

you're a failure.

no one cares about you.

ugly.

alone.

and the ever so popular;

fat.

trudging up the stairs she decided to take, she pulled out her phone.

to: shit head (-cal xx); 3:47 p.m - hi im coming over so yeah thxs :)

maybe she should change that name.

nah, it could wait.

once reaching the third floor she walked to the familiar door, knocking four times in some weird pattern the two came up with.

'come in, bell' a muffled shout from inside called out to her.

with a sigh, she twisted open the brass doorknob and stepped inside, kicking off her shoes almost instantly.

'hiya' he smiled from the couch.

don't ever say that again, she thought, but replied with a mere 'hi' before plopping next to him on the small sofa.

_______

i need help with these endings like wut even

:-)

ty for reading you lovely people