fourteen

+

luke needed somewhere to go. somewhere he could belong.

bella had insisted that she would go apartment searching with him, whilst she hastily crammed her belongings into the small cubby that is her locker.

after a list of what else luke could have done, he agreed, as they both took seats on the over crowded bus.

after battling the crowd, they found an empty seat, bella slipping in before luke. she rested her forehead on the window, looking around the crowd while he slipped in next to her.

she noticed some girls (even boys) looking at the boy next to her who was fiddling with his headphones, trying desperately to untangle the cords.

she bowed her head down, her forehead resting on the cool seat in front of the pair, her hair hanging down on both sides of her face.

luke subconsciously somehow was able to still tuck the majority of the hanging hair behind her ear.

'what's wrong?' he looked down a bit at the hunched over girl.

'nothing' she lied. her stomach felt bloated (as usual) and her head was pounding.

he nodded as the bus driver slammed on the breaks, signaling their stop.

a long walk down the narrow isle later they were making their way through the front door.

an hour and a bag of chips later, they found a little run down apartment about five minutes away.

with a loud huff, luke stood up, grabbing bella's hand to pull her up. he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer.

she rested her chin against his shoulder as they both stood, not caring that maybe the battery in the computer was dying or maybe bella was freezing from the open window.

but in that exact little moment they shared, bella felt something she hadn't felt in three years.

she felt love.