twenty-two

+

calum gasped at the girl in front of him who was currently raking her spoon through a tub of chocolate chunk ice cream.

'really?' he asked half amused, half surprised.

'yeah' she spooned some into her mouth 'i couldn't believe it, cal' she frowned.

after bella had spilled what happened to calum, he decided that a 'sleepover' (like the good old days) would help her feel better.

she had to admit, being without her best friend for three years wasn't the same, but damn did it feel good to have him back to the old 'telling horrible jokes and being cheery' calum.

'so how's the whole uh- food thing going?' he asked while picking up the spoon bella had put down and shoveled up some ice cream, soon eating it afterwards.

she shrugged, a simple answer.

miserable at best faded from the background as the buzzing of her phone signaled a text. she leaned over slightly to see the message temporarily displayed on the screen.

shit face (-cal xx); 9:39 p.m - im freaking sorry bella i can't say it enough.

she scoffed, reading the name that calum had saved for luke, he had (of course) hacked her phone and well, that and her home screen were changed; the home screen a picture of his face filling the entire space.

shit face (-cal xx); 9:40 pm - please answer me. god im a idiot.

caLUM iS seXY (-cal xx); 9:40 p.m - an*

shit face (-cal xx); 9:41 p.m - gee thanks

and that's how it continued, luke persisting and trying to get bella to respond, finding it frustrating he couldn't squeeze a second answer from her.

calum made a tsk sound with his mouth, shaking his head.

'answer the poor boy, bell.'

'i did!' she defended, shoving her phone into his face.

'i mean like something other than that. like something to stop him from being so... annoying.' another scoop was shoveled into his mouth.

'but-'

'give me the phone' he interrupted.

'what?'

'the phone. give me it.' he reached across the tub of dessert, knocking over a spoon in the process.

bella wasn't so sure where calum was going with this, but she obliged, handing him the device.

his fingers tapped on the screen for a good six seconds before the sound notifying the message had been sent played, bella grabbing the phone from his hands.

caLUM iS seXY (-cal xx); 9:44 p.m - have fun with your fuck buddy you fucking fuck.

'cal!' she shrieked, noticing the three dots that showed, in fact, luke was typing back.

'sorry' he shrugged, eating another spoonful of ice cream.

________

you fucking fuck.

:)