nineteen

+

luke picked up his backpack and the small box off of the wooden floor, letting a huff escape his lips.

'come on' bella whined, her arms dropping to her sides.

'shush, you should be happy i'm leaving here' he let a soft laugh out.

'and why would that be so?'

'dunno, im just annoying' he shrugged.

'puh-lease' she smiled and turned, opening the door letting a cold breeze hit her face.

stepping into the car, bella stepped into the passenger seat,

a few minutes later, the two were at the run down apartment complex were a man handed the excited boy a small chain with two kegs on it.

'moving in together i see?' the man smirked.

'uh- um no j-just friends..' they exchanged nervous looks, both cheeks turning a brighter pink by the second.

the man sent a simple shrug and shooed the two with a wave.

the ride up the three floors to the small space was unimportant (to you, at least) and filled with well, nothing really.

twisting the key into the brass doorknob, the door swung open to the space other known as luke's new temporary home (cue the carrie underwood).

his mouth seemed to drop to the floor in amazement as bella continued to walk through the door, turning slightly past the boy.

'woah' he breathed.

she had to admit, the space was pretty comforting with a not so small kitchen and living room, two doors leading to what she assumed was a bathroom and bed room.

finally walking into the apartment, he padded over to the mini island, placing the small (but heavy) backpack onto the surface.

'i guess im just an amazing apartment finder then' bella smirked to herself, placing her hands on her hips.

it was only so often that she would get these surges of confidence. short lived and slightly cocky, but it was all she had.

luke let out a small laugh, making his way over to the girl before snaking his arms around her (only slightly) wider waist.

his eyes flickered down her face. the feeling of his lips pressed against hers became very apparent to her.

she had no idea what the hell she was doing, but she went with it anyways.