twenty-one

+

bella took in a sharp breath, making a tiny sound, her eyes practically bugging out of their sockets.

luke detached his (now slightly swollen and red) lips from the blonde, his mouth opening and closing rapidly, trying to find some kind of sentence to explain himself.

'oh- uh- um-' he stuttered over like a broken record.

'it's o-okay i can go if i was interrupting something' bella turned on her heel to the open door.

bottle blondie snickered, earning a scowl from luke. again, if looks could kill, she'd be stabbed multiple times in the abdomen, and face, and- well, you get the point.

'bell..' luke called out, somehow adding a sigh

into the mix.

'see you monday' the broken girl mumbled before slamming the door shut.

yes, broken.

even though the two weren't exactly a couple, there was no denying they had something. love, like, or simple interest; but it was something.

bella then found she was terribly wrong.

love did exist, and she knew it.

because in that previous moment, where the slap of the other girl's (her name was not yet known) mouth against his, her heart shattered like glass.

that is when she felt that heart-swelling feeling, she sadly could not decipher before, slip away as if it where floating back. her whole body was drained of feeling, it coming apparent to her.

bella wanted to cry, to feel pity for herself. but somehow she managed to stop and notice yet another thing.

she then thought she was right and wrong. wrong about love not existing, but right about her future.

maybe someday she could find love, or maybe she wouldn't. maybe she could find someone who saw past weight or imperfections, or maybe she couldn't. the future was unknown; an oblivion of unknowns scattered everywhere.

she wanted to know her future, to save her pain. but that was not possible.

her brain was everywhere, vision clouded as more and more voices made their way into her skull.

she almost didn't feel her body jolt backwards as her shoulder came in contact with someone's chest, a loud 'oomph' coming from the person.

's-sorry' she murmured, standing up slowly with the help of the stranger.

rubbing her (now clear) eyes, bella's vision focused on two tan arms coming towards her, the two soon wrapping themselves around her waist.

'bell' he breathed out.

'cal?' she tensed up.

'im so sorry'

this was definitely not the time for this, bella thought. but she couldn't help but to give into her long lost best friend.

'i missed you' she murmured into his shoulder.

'i missed you too, now tell me what the hell is going on'