thirty-three

+
bella knocked on the door lightly, afraid to wake up anyone who might have been sleeping.

it was eleven o'clock at night, after all.

a sleepy (and shirtless, may i add) luke stepped out, rubbing his eyes that were puffy.

bella didn't quite understand how much luke was really hurting. he practically beat himself up over what he had done. he broke a promise. an important promise.

and yes, bella had been crying. a lot, actually. she couldn't sleep from the constant flow of tears. she didn't even know what she should be feeling; sad? or angry? even happy?

god, they both were messes.

'bell?' he squinted his eyes, confusion laced in his tone.

'yeah it's me, luke. im not a ghost.' she rolled her eyes (surprisingly) in a playful manner.

'c-can i hug you?' he bit his lip, while bella just shrugged as to say screw it. she was almost instantly engulfed in his arms.

he kissed her forehead before pulling away to welcome her into her second home.

'so i guess you want to talk' he sighed, knowing this would come.

she nodded and looked at her lap.

'can you just tell me why?' she was able to choke out.

'i don't know bell.' he murmured and picked at his red hot chili peppers bracelet.

'then i don't know what to say.' she huffed out, scooting further onto the edge of the couch as she was about to stand up.

'wait.' he stood up.

his eyes darted around the ground.

'does this mean w-we..?' he trailed off.

bella shrugged. she hadn't really been in a relationship in a long time.

well, relationship as in having a stupid crush on this asshole in fifth grade, dating for three weeks then breaking up.

a truly tragic story, i know.
he looked down as she turned back to the door.

'one more thing?'

again, she turned around.

'you know i really love you, right?'

she scoffed 'yeah right' was mumbled under her breath.

'i do. oh my god, i love you.' he laughed lightly.

'i love you so much it's scary, bell. i don't even know how to say how much i love you. i love how you mumble complaints about yourself. i love how you constantly look at yourself in the mirror. you're beautiful and you don't even see it. i'm whipped, bell.'

he inched towards her until their noses practically touched.

'luke i-'

she cut herself off by colliding her lips with his, a feeling she had missed, even though it had been a few days.

'im sorr-' he pulled away a bit to look at her.

'shut up, i love you too.' she mumbled against his lips, pulling him closer.