vii

san opens his eyes to the bare ceiling of his apartment room. his back hurts tremendously from sleeping on his old, and hard mattress. he groans in pain once he sits up.

he gets up to do his usual saturday morning routine, hygiene, coffee and whatever he could scrounge up for breakfast, which was usually a fruit, or nothing at all. it didn't surprise him he didn't have any breakfast foods today, so he closes his cupboards and drinks his small amount of coffee instead.

he looks outside his kitchen window, and sees the barely pedestrian filled streets, and remembers what wooyoung told him yesterday. he hurries and finishes the last of his coffee and dresses himself in a pullover and jeans. he rushes himself out of the door before being able to brush his hair or grab his phone.

he says good morning to eunbin at the reception desk before leaving to cross the street, careful that no cars passed as he crossed.

he pushes the door open and enters the quiet café, every customer turning their heads and staring at the loud and trampling man.

yeosang sits at the front counter with a book in hand, and looks up from the thin pages to see san staring at him shockingly.

"may i help you san?" yeosang says, closing his book softly.

before san can say anything, yeo stops him. "you're looking for your boyfriend, right?"

"yes," san answers unhesitatingly. "wait, no, i'm here for wooyoung."

"are they not the same person?" yeosang chuckles, standing up from his stool and putting his book down. san blushes hard and he tries to hit yeo from across the counter before yeo dodges.

"shut up," san say at the brunet, and the brunet only laughs harder.

"you're cute," yeo says before pushing open the kitchen door. "woo! your boyfriend's here."

"shut up!" san says louder, his whole face a bright red.

wooyoung is quick to dry his hands after starting to wash dishes. he rushes to the front and smiles when he sees san.

"san!" wooyoung says. the same fluttering feeling erupts in san's stomach when wooyoung smiles with joy. "come back here, let's get to work."

most of the morning was wooyoung and san playing with suds together while trying to wash out used cups and plates, but some of it was actual work. san was again amazing at memorizing orders and recipes like wooyoung said. wooyoung even let him serve a few orders to customers.

both of the two laugh as they splash suds everywhere like two toddlers. it gets more messy when san decides to take a handful of suds and push it into woo's face, causing the other to gasp.

wooyoung takes a handful of suds and pushes it into san's face, both of them laughing loudly as they rub more suds on the other, trying to avoid dry clothing as best as they can.

the fun stops once they both here a loud grunt behind, starling both the two. they turn around slowly to see a man in a deep navy suit, standing at the door with both arms folded in front of him.

"mr. jung," wooyoung softly says. "i didn't expect you to come back so early."

"i thought i could trust you wooyoung," the older man says. "but obviously i cannot."

the man's eyes dart to san, and chills rush down the other's spine.

"who is this?" he asks.

"this is choi san," wooyoung's face lights up, patting his hands dry on his apron. "he needs a job and i thought it would be a good idea if i trained him early."

"i'm not employing right now, wooyoung," mr. jung says. "but i might have to considering i'm thinking about firing you for this behaviour."

wooyoung's face drops as he feels himself shrink. san watches as the blond drops upsettingly.

"mr. jung, don't fire wooyoung," he says frantically. "this is my fault, i forced him into training me early."

mr. jung doesn't say anything, besides eyeing san from head to toe, making san more nervous than before.

"i don't make excuses for anyone, choi san," mr. jung says. "i'll see how i feel in a few days about you, wooyoung. get back to work and get this other out of here."

mr. jung leaves and slams the door behind him, causing both of them to flinch. wooyoung tries his best to hold his tears back but he can't. he sniffles and rubs tears away from his eyes.

"wooyoung," san softly says. "i'm sorry."

"it's not your fault," wooyoung quickly follows up. "i think you should leave. my shift ends at 11. call me then."

san nods and tries to hug wooyoung, but the blond pushes the other away. he really messed up, guilt replaces the fluttering feeling in his stomach.

san shows himself out slowly, and yeosang only watches as san leaves, watching the whole thing unfold from behind.

"see you around, san," yeosang says before san leaves.

"see you around," san responses, pulling the door open, and leaving to cross the street in a flash.

author's note:
hello! sorry to be inactive! school's hard right now but i fit in time to update because ily guys. ♡♡♡

- honeyjoongs