xvi

wooyoung never knew it could be so hard to walk to san's apartment complex and up the stairs to the room san resides in. not phsyically, but mentally. somewhere deep inside wooyoung, something told wooyoung to turn around and go home; he was unsure if san even wanted to see him in the first place.

when wooyoung recognises san's apartment number, he walks to the door, but loiters instead of knocking. was he sure he wanted to do this? he was still questioning whether san wanted to see him, san might need time alone due to the stress of his mother's arrival coming so soon.

wooyoung sighs, turning on his heel and walking away from the door, walking a few small steps before freezing again. but maybe san needed support, whether it'd be a shoulder to cry on or just the presence of someone else. wooyoung turns on his heel again, walking back to the door.

the thoughts of san not needing him right now flood his mind again, and he groans in frustration. why was he so torn about this? he loved san, and san loved him. but now that he thinks about it, does san love him? he wasn't sure if san only wanted him around to not be lonely? or was that wooyoung?

wooyoung sighs, rising his head and straightening his posture before gently tapping his knuckles against the door. now he waits in silence til the door is opened, and he is either welcomed by a smile, eyes filled with tears or a grimace and a door to the face.

-

san's body jolts when he hears a knock at the door. he sits up on his couch, lifting his arms above his head and stretching his tired muscles.

san didn't remember if he was expecting someone. he didn't want to see anyone in particular, so he can't recall dialing anyone like hongjoong up to come visiting him. he sighs, kicking his feet off the couch and standing up.

he looks down at his attire, his slovenly appearance making him grimace. he doesn't remember the last time he's changed from thrusday to today, but he couldn't bother. he barely went out of the house to but food or go out to have fun. he cooped himself in the tiny apartment so he could clean it up and pack his belongings away, so they can be taken back home with him.

he doesn't bother changing. he trudges to the door before slowly unlocking and opening the door, peering through the crack in the door.

he opens the door fully, to see no body standing at the door. did he take too long? he was only a few seconds. san shrugs, about to close the door before he notices a white coffee cup on the ground.

he gently picks the cup up, the contents inside still warm and radiating heat through the paper cup. a small receipt for the drink his taped to the side of the cup, and on the back, a small note written in unkempt handwriting.

for you! talk to me soon, okay?

- woo

"woo .." san softly says, his body relaxing and a sense of happiness rushing through him. he looks on both sides of the hall, hoping to see the blond-haired barista still there, but he was gone. san sighs, slowly closing the door behind him. he silently thanks wooyoung for a nice treat, and for still caring.

a/n:

school's a hassle. but i try to make time to write.
also honey's close to 30k reads, thank you guys ! ily ♡
- honeyjoongs

/ unedited /