xiv

it was a gentle night, with shared kisses and tight snuggles. it was almost like the world was going to end tomorrow, and for wooyoung it was.

it would be the day san's mother visits, to decide with her youngest child if he should move back to his hometown of jeju. it was so far from wooyoung, he didn't want to ebon-haired to move such an elongated distance from seoul, in a rural area with minimal ways of contact.

san described his home vividly to wooyoung, the words of san's bright description unlistenable to the blond. he was on the edge, close to bursting into tears any second.

"hey, are you okay?" san's description waft into silence, and he brings up his concern. the blond looked up from fiddling with his warm hands, and shakes his head gently.

san has the look on his face, asking what was wrong with the blond even without speaking a word. wooyoung feels the lump that sat in his throat grow larger and choke him up as he tries to start talking: "i don't want you to leave."

"i don't either, wooyoung," says san, as the ebon-haired gently rests his hand on wooyoung's head, soothingly running his fingers through his flaxen hair. "but we'll keep in touch."

"for how long?" wooyoung whispers, almost inaudible. "how long will it be till you forget i exist? every trace of my existence gone from your mind?"

"that won't happen, woo."

"but it could happen," wooyoung hiccups softly, wiping the wet trips from the brinks of his eyes. "you'll be working down in jeju, and there's the chance you'll never remember to answer your messages."

san's shoulders drop with a heavy sigh, as he embraces the blond once more.

"i'm sorry for breaking down," wooyoung whimpers. "i just, care too much."

"i know, but we've been good friends for only a few weeks," san sighs. "you can find someone better."

"there is no one better than you, san," wooyoung sobs. "i only we met a few weeks ago but i felt like you were my chance."

san squeezes the blond as he continues to regale san of his feelings, resisting the urge to start crying.

"i was tired of being so alone," wooyoung says. "maybe it's why i'm so attached. i don't want to go through finding another person. i want you."

there's a small moment wooyoung takes to breathe slowly, as he feels his heart pounding in his head.

"i want to be able to know you better, know what you're like and just experience life with you, but that time is being striped away from both of us."

san nods wistfully, knowing their time together was slowly coming to a close. the ebon-haired just runs his fingers through the flaxen hair of the boy resting his head on his shoulder. they rest in silence now, both too tired to say anything.

wooyoung's head pounded in pain from the amount of sobbing he's done. he couldn't focus on anything else beside san's soft breathing against his neck.

they never wanted it to end. but tomorrow was looming overhead, both boys knew.

san never held wooyoung so tight until that night.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
i keep changing book formats and i got fix honey so i'll get on that soon skdjd.

- HONEYJOONGS

[unedited]