ix

san's heart was pounding heavily in his chest as he stares at the contact pulled up on his phone screen, his thumb hovering over the blue button with the label "call."

san's throat goes dry after he finally wills himself to lower his thumb and press on the screen, the calling screen appearing. trilling plays through the speaker of the phone as san turns it onto speaker mode.

he lets out a sigh of relief when he hears the phone pick up and the soft, soothing voice echo through the phone.

"hello?"

"hi, wooyoung," san stutters, swallowing thickly as be leans against the counter his phone sits on.

"hey," wooyoung says, sounding neutral. san didn't know if he was doing anything wrong, but he tried to make it better.

"so, today is wednesday, and last week, we - "

"decided to go on a date," wooyoung finishes, and san feels his face go hot.

"yes, a date," san utters. there's a brief pause before san continues to speak. "i don't know if you planned anything, but i made food, if you want to come over."

"oh," wooyoung says, sounding a but surprised. san was ready for him to cancel, by the sound of his voice.

"you don't have to," san quickly adds in. "i just remembered today was the day, and i thought it'd be nice."

"yeah, i'm sorry san, i don't think i can."

san's face drops as he feels his heart sink to his feet. he sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"that's okay, i'll just - "

"nah, i'm fucking with ya," wooyoung laughs. "of course i'll come over."

san's face goes hot again as his cheat heaves excitedly. san chuckles softly while wooyoung continues to laugh.

"text me your address, and i'll be there in a few."

and with that, wooyoung hangs up.

san gives wooyoung his address and the blond said he was about five minutes away from there, and he was now on his way.

san is panicky, he frantically tries to tidy his home more than it already is. there was not much to clean besides the floor, which was always dusty because it was polished wood.

he sweeps and vacuums with the cheap, cordless rolling vacuum the apartment building provided him for free. he felt like it didn't work well, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

when san hears a light knock at the door, he almost faints. he feels his heart pound like a drum, and he quickly puts his vacuum and broom back into his pantry, dusting his pullover off and making sure his hair looked good in the reflection of his television screen.

he opens the door slowly, and peaks to see the blond staring back at him with a wide smile glued onto his face.

"san!" wooyoung shouts, pushing the door open and collapsing into san's arms. the other almost trips but he catches himself before him and the blond collapse to the wood floor.

san smiles and hugs the blond back just as tightly as the boy clung to him, smiling as he buries his face into wooyoung's nicely scented hair, the same faint smell of something that he couldn't put a name to.

"i missed you so much," wooyoung whispers into san's chest, the other smiling.

"i missed you too, wooyoung," he says as he lets go of wooyoung and they both stand there, looking at each other for a while. san looks away, a bit embarrassed. wooyoung giggles, and softly closes the door to san's apartment.

"you can put your shoes in that bin," san points to the bin near the door. "i finished making stew and rice, so let's eat before it's cold."

"okay," wooyoung softly says, slipping his shoes off quickly so he could follow san to the kitchen. before san could walk away, wooyoung tugs on his pullover's sleeve.

san looks at wooyoung's hand before he looks up to wooyoung's blushing face. he smiles, sliding his hand into wooyoung's and entwining their fingers together.

wooyoung feels his breath leave his chest as san smiles at him and holds his hand tightly. there was a fluttering feeling that filled wooyoung's stomach and chest, one he'd never experienced.

he was happy. san made him happy.

author's note:
hi hi! i got my ateez zero to one album today! i haven't opened it yet but i will in the near future.
i also got all to zero but it's coming in a later package. (around mar. 15)
i'm super excited :))) ♡♡♡
(and by no means am i trying to boast, i was just excited to tell some fellow atinys kskddk)
have a good day/night!! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

- honeyjoongs