xi

the movie ends and san is half-awake now as the whole room is dark since the sun has set. he looks over to wooyoung hazily, and sees the blond asleep, resting his head against the ebon-haired's shoulder.

he contemplates for a moment to allow wooyoung to continue to sleep, but san decides not to.

he softly pokes the blond's shoulder, and when he gets no response, he grips wooyoung's shoulder with delicacy, and shakes him gently.

wooyoung stirs for a bit before finally opening his eyes and yawning largely, seeing the dark room and san's face illuminated by the end screen of the movie playing from the television screen.

"hey, sleepy head," san softly says as he wipes a small bit of drool from the corner of wooyoung's lip.

"hi," wooyoung giggles. "how did the movie end?"

"too asleep to notice, but i know they get together," san answers. "eunbin is a fanatic about this series."

"this movie has a series?" wooyoung looks shocked, and san chuckles.

"surprisingly, but i don't know why."

wooyoung sits up and rub his eyes, patting his pant pockets for his phone. he pulls it out and checks the time as san watches silently.

the large, white numbers say 23:52, and wooyoung groans.

"you should probably go home," san softly pipes in, and wooyoung nods but frowns.

"i wanna stay with you though," wooyoung whines. "you're a nice pillow."

san looks offended, and wooyoung laughs.

"you're only here to use me as a pillow?" san overdramatizes. "well then you must leave."

"no," wooyoung whines while giggling uncontrollably. "i didn't mean it!"

san smiles, wrapping his arms around wooyoung as he softly quiets his laughter.

"well then maybe you can stay."

wooyoung embraces san, and rests his head against san's shoulder. "really?"

"there's a fee though."

"mhm," wooyoung says, sarcastically sounding annoyed. "what's this 'fee?'"

"a kiss," san mutters under his breath, but wooyoung's too close to not be able to hear it. a blush mantles the blond's face, as he pushes san away.

san looks surprised for a moment, before shaking his head and muttering: "it's okay, that's stupid of me to say it-"

"can i double the fee payment?" wooyoung asks softly, and san can feel his heart stop then and there.

"of course," san says, almost out of breath as all the air in his chest as wooyoung crawls closer to san.

there's a moment of hesitation between them, as they awkwardly look each other in the eye. it's almost like they both move on cue, meeting each other in the middle quickly before san pulls his lips off wooyoung's, panicked.

"is something wrong?" wooyoung asks. "does my breath stink?"

"no," san softly says, trying to breathe. "it's an overwhelming thing."

"kissing? you've never done it?" wooyoung asks.

"i have, just," san softly says. "just not with a boy."

wooyoung's lips form an "o" shape, as he slowly nods his head. he softly kisses san's cheek, rubbing the ebon-haired's shoulder.

"there, double payment," he softly smiles. san looks into wooyoung's starry eyes and his lips curl into a smile.

the blond gently wraps the duvet around him and san, cuddling into san as he gladly accepts wooyoung's subtle embrace.

san wraps his arms around the other and they lay wordlessly on the couch for what seems like hours before wooyoung knew san had fallen asleep.

wooyoung pulls his phone from his pocket and checks the time again. 02:29. he sinks further into san's chest as he tosses his phone to where his feet lay.

his heart was pounding in his chest as felt san's breath against his head. he wished it wasn't so dark so the blond could see the sleeping boy's petite and soft face.

wooyoung finally closes his eyes, not before whispering a soft "i love you" to san. it was too dark for wooyoung to see, but san's lips curled into another smile.

author's note:
hi!! i've been so busy that i couldn't update. i'm sorry :(
but spring break is around the corner! i'll be travelling to see family in another state so hopefully i'll have time to update again!

i opened my ateez albums recently and i pulled a yunho pc for my all to zero album and a seonghwa pc for my zero to one album! i literally cried i didn't think i'd pull my baby yunho. :'(

d-1 till yunho's bday!

- honeyjoongs