Chapter 12: Fallen

(Lyrics used in this chapter: "Fallen" by Volbeat. Great song by the way, check it out!)
Following our wedding, and as we were about to be ready to move into our home together, a bomb went off the in the middle of the interchange, sending Yusei and I apart from one another.
"YUSEI!"
"AKIZA!"
We tried to grab each other's hands, but the impact was too strong. The force sent us back hundreds of feet back.
Blacking out, I didn't remember of what happened afterwards. However, I was surprised that I came to.
I was in the middle of the forest outside of New Domino City. I could help but just let the tears fall right then and there.
Yusei...! We.. were going to be finally starting our live together, but more bad stuff happens.
I can't even find him! I don't know where to go.
The mark on my arm began to glow. And a ruffle in a nearby bush had startled me. "A-Ah! Stay back!"
To my surprise, it was Carly. "Carly?!"
"Akiza? What are you doing out here? I thought you and Yusei were going to move in together?"
"That's the problem..Carly. We were out and on our way, and next thing there was an explosion from most likely a bomb in the middle of the interchange on the freeway. Yusei and I were separated from one another. My mark is glowing, but I don't know where any of the others—..."
"CARLY!" I heard Jacks voice, cutting me off.
"Did you hear what just—.. Akiza...?"
Jack stood there in shock. "Are you alright?!"
"Just a little bit of bruising, surprisingly. For as far as I was thrown."
"You were involved in that accident?!"
"Yes. And I can't find Yusei.... I need your help Jack!"
"Let's go. Come on Carly, I'm not leaving you behind either!"
Following Jack, and Carly, we got into their car, speeding off. Jack's mark was also glowing heavily.
Yusei May be seriously hurt or into some type of trouble. I was worried. I didn't know what to do, but every instinct in my body was screaming at me, telling me that I need to find him and make sure he's okay.
Regardless, that's what I would do anyway.

————Meanwhile with Yusei—————-

Yusei awoke, in some pain, but he was still aware of where he was. "Damn it... where...?" His Mark was glowing, but dim.
"The others... they can probably sense that I'm in..."
"Trouble..? I think that's just one way to cut it.."
Two hooded figures were standing before him. "Looks like a lesson of a duel is in order."
"Who are you two?!" He bellowed, clenching his fists. "Do you have something to do with the explosion on the freeway?!"
The figure on the left pulled down his hood to reveal the silver hair and red eyes that he had seen before.
Azrail.
"We do." Azrail grinned. And she helped with it.
The hooded figure to the right of Azrail lowered her hood.
-"Feel the sadness burning in my heart
You left to early father love
So many things I should have said
But in you mind you knew it well
Holding on to what I got and love
But things still seems so dark and cold
The fire burning down my happiness
But I will rise"
"My name is Ravana. I'm going to destroy you in a duel today." She spoke in almost a robotic-like tone. She was short stature, and had dark black hair and red eyes as well, but hers were a little more defined and had a soft glow to them.

-"So proud and strong you truly was,
I took it with me as a tool
A gift from father to his only son
Watching over me with eagle eyes
You gave me freedom to a life,
Where dreams are born and truly became real
See me falling, yeah down and lonely
Are the angles on their way, I'm in the dirt
Hear me screaming, see me bleeding
'Cause the days no more the same without you.."

The words of Yusei's late father were echoing in the back of his mind. "Yusei. Remember what you're dueling for. Don't let anger control you. You duel to protect. Protect those that I couldn't.."

Yusei grinned and stood up, with a slight limp in his right leg. "Fine then. I'll duel you."
-"Promise me my son you always will,
Cherish what you love believing in
Never loose your values, stand up for the day
Oh dear father I thank you for the years
I'm writing this song on your desk
Together we can make it through the day. See me falling, yeah down and lonely
Are the angles on their way, I'm in the dirt
Hear me screaming, see me bleeding
'Cause the days no more the same without you
See me falling, yeah down and lonely
Are the angles on their way, I'm in the dirt
Hear me screaming, see me bleeding
'Cause the days no more the same without you.."

"Oh you're not just dueling with me, you're dueling with both of us." She grinned, turning to Azrail who nodded profusely.
"Cerberus and Elvira are going be taking out your precious Akiza." He laughed softly, increasing it to some sort of demented laugh. "Oh! How I can't wait to finally rid the world of you nasty signers!"
Yusei opened his duel disk. "You two ready then?!"
Azrail and Ravana grinned evilly, pulling their duel disks out.

"DUEL!"
————————————————-
Back with Akiza and co...—————-

We continued on our drive and soon had to stop for two hooded figures blocked out path.
I stared at jack and Carly, unsure of what to do.
"Jack... are they..."
His eyes were wide with shock.
"I think.. they're finally back. With more...."
-"See me falling, yeah down and lonely
Are the angles on their way, I'm in the dirt
Hear me screaming, see me bleeding
'Cause the days no more the same without you"

I closed my eyes, drawing in a breath.
"Yusei.. please be okay.. I really can't be a widow. I want my life to be with you in it..!"

**I will always hope that you're okay. I will always hope that you're safe, that you're happy, and that most importantly, that I can love you all the same."**