Regret

Mingyu was standing at the counter looking at the clock. He just wanted his shift to end already so him and wonwoo could talk things out. He thought it was kind of weird for him to just leave last night without saying anything. Mingyu sighed and put his head down. While he was thinking about wonwoo, he heard the door burst open.

"Hehe sorry I'm late!" Dokyeom said with a smile. "It's fine." Mingyu said while walking back into the kitchen. "Not even gonna say hi?" Seungkwan asked with a frown. Mingyu scoffed and laughed. "Hi ya loser." Mingyu said. Seungkwan smiled and laughed.

"Mingyu we need to talk." Dokyeom said while avoiding eye contact. Mingyu paused. "What's wrong?" He asked while shaking. He didn't wanna go over the events of last night with anyone else who wasn't wonwoo. He was hoping Dokyeom would ask about something else, but he knew he couldn't just dodge the question so easily.

"It's about-" before Dokyeom finished his sentence, the door bursted open. There he saw wonwoo standing there. "Hey mingyu. I need to talk to you." Wonwoo said while getting closer to Mingyu. "I'm talking to someone right now." Mingyu said while pointing at Dokyeom. Dokeyom turned away and scoffed. "I'll wait then." Wonwoo replied while eyeing Dokyeom.

"Let's go somewhere private." Mingyu said. The two then went to the back where the kitchen was. "So, whats this about?" Mingyu asked nervously. "It's about last night." Dokyeom said while moving around his arms. "Hey I don't really wanna talk about-" before mingyu could finish what he was saying, Dokyeom cut him off. "I know you don't. But please hear me out. Who's wonwoo to you mingyu? Why have you been avoiding me? Is it because of him? And why were you with him last night?" Dokyeom sounded more stern than usual. Usually Dokyeom was bright and happy, but as of now his aura was dark and frustrated.

"I-I know Dokyeom...I don't know why that happened last night alright? It just did. I barely even know wonwoo. Dokyeom last night was a mistake all around, and I know wonwoo is with minghao and I should back off. And I wasn't avoiding you on purpose just please I-" Dokyeom stomped his foot. "Do you think I'm a fool?" Dokyeom asked. "What do you mean ?" Mingyu asked while being confused. "I know you're avoiding me because you wanna have nothing to do with me! After all I've done for you, I gave  you all my love and this is what I get in return?!" Tears began to form at the corners of his eyes. Mingyu stayed quiet. He didn't know what to say. "Loving you has caused me nothing but trouble..." Dokyeom said in a raspy voice. "Why can't you see that? Why can't you acknowledge my feelings for you...?" With that, Dokyeom began to walk out, leaving mingyu alone with his thoughts.

Dokyeom's POV;
Dokyeom walked out of the kitchen with tears running down his face. He was walking at a fast pace so he could get out as soon as possible.
"Dokyeom what's wrong?" Seungkwan asked while running up to Dokyeom.

Dokyeom said nothing and shoved Seungkwan off of him. Wonwoo watched from one of the tables nearby. Wonwoo began to realize that mingyu hadn't come out of the kitchen yet. Before he went in however he noticed that Seungkwan guy running after Dokyeom. He then got up and went into the kitchen.

There he saw mingyu. Crying. Helpless. "Hey!" Wonwoo said while running up to him. "What's going on?" Wonwoo asked while standing behind mingyu. Mingyu stayed silent and looked down at his feet. "I..." mingyu said in a quiet tone. He didn't know what to say. He just felt guilty about the fact that Dokyeom loved him and he didn't he notice a thing. He felt like an ass really.

Wonwoo did the unthinkable and gave mingyu a tight hug. "You can tell me later okay? Let's just, take a break for now." Wonwoo said with a sigh. Mingyu turned around and gave wonwoo a passionate hug. Mingyu then spoke. "I'm sorry..." "Hey don't be." Wonwoo said while messing with Mingyu's hair.

The two then walked out of the kitchen and went to the main area of the restaurant. "So what'd you wanna talk to me about? " mingyu asked trying to sound happy. "It was about last night. I'm sorry for leaving you. It's just that, I didn't want minghao to get suspicious..." wonwoo said while looking away.

Mingyu sighed and moved wonwoo off of him. "Wonwoo...we shouldn't be doing this..." mingyu said while clearing his throat. "What-?" Wonwoo asked with his eyes widening. "You're with Minghao...and well that's the end of it. You shouldn't be messing around with me and I shouldn't be getting involved with you. It's just the right thing to do..." mingyu said while turning his back.

"Mingyu. Stop it." Wonwoo said while walking towards him again. "Why are you shutting me out now huh? You were the one who kissed me last night!" Wonwoo yelled while knocking over a bunch of cups. Mingyu stayed silent and looked down at the floor. Yes, wonwoo had been right. He was the one who kissed him first, but mingyu just wasn't thinking straight. And plus, wonwoo kissed HIM first when they were on the way to his house. But he decided not to bring that up.

Mingyu stood there and sighed. "Wonwoo...stop...clearly last night was an accident and we should just put it behind us...I didn't mean for it to go as far as it did. I'm sorry..." mingyu began to cry...Wonwoo saw this, but ignored it. "Mingyu..." "JUST GO!" Mingyu yelled in an angry tone. Wonwoo froze and sighed. He then did as he was told and left.

Wonwoo began to walk down the street towards the nearest liquor store. He needed some cigarettes to calm him down. While he was walking he saw minghao down the street waiting for him.

"There you are!" Minghao said while approaching Wonwoo and hugging him

"There you are!" Minghao said while approaching Wonwoo and hugging him. "I missed you baby..." minghao said while burying his face in wonwoo's chest.

A/N: hey sorry for not updating lol. i decided that I would take a few days with this chapter and think things through. Also, I love that pic of The8 so much that I felt the need to include it! (Warning: smut in the next chapter)