Chapter 15

"Calum, if you touch me, you die." I said, hiding behind the counter.

"NOOO!" He yelled, charging at me. He wrapped his hands around my waist and playfully pushed me to the ground.

"WHAT ARE YOUR LAST WORDS?" He asked, removing his hands from my waist to tickle me.

"L-Luke help m-me!" I yelled through fits of giggles.

"NEVER!" Luke yelled, running over to pin my arms down. My eyes widened at his actions, but they were too busy to realize it. I stiffened, pushing their hands off of me. The image was back.

"Haha!" I yelled, faking a smile. "I WIN." I stomped over to the couch and sat down, taking a sip of my soda. The three boys and I were at calum's place, and I always wonder why I even bother with these kids. They're just so damn immature. But hey, so am I, right?

I looked over at Michael to see him deep in thought.

"Mike? You okay?" I asked, waving my hand in front of his eyes. He turned to face me and widened his eyes.

"How did you get those scars on your belly?" He asked suddenly.

"W-why?" I asked, biting my bottom lip.

"And how about that bruise?" He continued, pointing to the almost completely faded bruise on my shoulder. I turned my head to face Luke, who was making his way over to the couch. He gave me a reassuring nod. I turned my head back to Michael's widened eyes. His gaze fell from me to Luke as he stood up.

"YOU!" He pointed a finger at Luke. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, but I soon figured out what Michael was thinking.

"No, Michael you've got the wrong ide-"

"SHUT UP PAIGE, HE FUCKING HURT YOU DIDN'T HE?" Michael stepped over to Luke, who was putting his hands up as if surrendering.

"NO HE DIDN'T, DON'T HURT HIM, MIKE!" I yelled, running over to come between them. I noticed Calum stepping closer also, probably afraid of what would happen

"Dude I didn't do anything, I would never-"

"Shut the fuck up and leave before I lose all of my sanity and kill you." He said. Luke gulped and stepped away.

"Don't leave, Luke." I said, grabbing Michael's arm.

"He didn't hit me, Michael. You just gotta believe me okay?" I said, looking up at him. He sighed and put his hands on his head.

"Who the fuck did that to you? I swear to god I will kill them, Paige. who did that?" I gulped, looking at everything but his eyes. I sat down on the couch and folded my arms together.

"I just fell, I told-"

"Bullshit." He said sternly.

"Paige... w-what happened?" I heard a whisper from Calum and I turned around. I forgot he was there to be honest.

"Guys can we talk about this later, I don't think Paige really wants to talk about it." Luke said, sitting next to me. I grabbed his hand, but this time, it gave me no reassurance. I just felt guilt. Guilt that I didn't tell them. Guilt that I'm bringing my friends into my shit. Guilt, guilt, guilt. I shut my eyes tightly and squeezed his hand harder.

"My dad." I whispered. Opening one eye to see their reactions. Calum was in total shock. And Michael? Well he was already sprinting out the door by the time I saw him.

"MICHAEL PLEASE DON'T" I screamed, running after him. Luke grabbed my arm and looked me in the eyes.

"My car." He said. I looked over at Calum who remained in his shocked state. I nodded and pulled Luke to the car, speeding to catch up to Michael. We managed to get in the lane next to him. I tapped on the glass to get him to roll down his window, and as he did so, I could see tears rolling down his face.

"Stop the car." I demanded. He shook his head and wiped his years away, showing a face of determination. I looked at him with begging eyes.

"Michael if you don't pull over, I will never forgive you. Please." I yelled over the sound of the traffic. He looked up at me and back down to the steering wheel, as he turned into an empty lot and stopped his car. I jumped out of the car, not even giving Luke the chance to park. Michael took a step out of his car and looked away, trying to hide his tears. I ran up to him, embracing him in a comforting hug. He wrapped his arms around me and grunted.

"Fucking prick" he muttered, running his hand over my hair.

"Mike please don't go after him. Seeing you get hurt is worse than anything that he's ever done to me. I'm serious." I said into his chest.

"How the hell did I not know? It just seems so obvious now I just, I could have done something, Paige. Why-"

"Because it's hard to talk about okay? I'm sorry. Just please don't be mad, and don't approach him. I'm staying with Luke. He's gonna protect me okay?" Michael glanced up at Luke who gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Protect her like she's your life." Michael said boldly, staring Luke down.

"She IS my life." He said, taking his seat in the car once more. And I couldn't help but blush. It's funny how something so simple can make a person so happy. I looked up at Michael who looked pleased with Luke's response.

"When did this start?" He asked.

"After he- um, after Anna died." I said quickly, clenching my teeth together.

"This whole time." He whispered, shutting his eyes.

"and I was too blinded by my dead girlfriend to notice what he was doing to my best friend." He muttered, slapping his car.

"God dammit I'm so fucking sorry, Paige." I smiled and grabbed his hand, still hugging him.

"No one would've guessed, mike. Don't apologize okay? You did nothing wrong." Michael nodded his head and dropped his arms.

"Can we go home now Mikey? You okay?" I asked, moving his hair out of his eyes and letting go of his embrace. He huffed a breath of air and smiled.

"Are YOU okay?" He asked. I giggled

"I'm perfect." I replied, stepping into the car.

"Then I guess I'm good too." He replied with a cheeky smile, and stepped into his own car to head back to his flat.

A/N

I kinda feel like writing a paragraph in Spanish bc Spanish class is cool. Not.

Hola. Como estas hoy? Me llamo Sammy y tengo los ojos verdes. Soy rubia y muy baja. Esta muy deprimido porque la tarea es dificil. Me gusta la gimnasia y los chicos 😏. Es el cinco de septiembre. Yo paso un rato con mis amigas en el sabado y domingo.

so yeah bye