Chapter 13

Luke's POV

"I'm getting a drink what do you thhiink?!" He said boldly, holding up a bottle of tequila. Paige smirked, probably looking at how pathetic he looked right now. If only he knew.

"Oh okay. Well Luke is gonna stay for a bit longer is that okay?" She asked. He narrowed his eyes.

"ANN-"

"My name is Paige." His eyes widened once more.

"PAIGE? PAIGE! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU BITCH. YOURE A DISGRACE TO HUMAN KIND." He ran towards her, but I yanked her away, wrapping my arms around her protectively. She let out a gasp of air.

"Sir it's okay, calm down please" I said. Paige calmly pushed my arms off of her and walked over to him. He stared me down and moved his gaze to Paige.

"I hate you." He spat, stepping towards her. Paige's eyes fell to her feet. As I was about to come in between them, her dad tackled her to the ground, pinning her arms down.

"GET OFF OF HER." I yelled, running over to them. He ignored me. I grabbed my hands around his waist and tried to pull him off, but he was too heavy.

"L-Luke, he's gonna hurt you get off of him!" She said, still struggling under his grip. I kept trying harder and harder to pull him off but he wouldn't budge. I released my grip and stepped back, thinking of something to do. I looked up at her dad as he winded his fist back. He was going to punch her. Without thinking, I ran towards him, tackling him to the ground. His arm swung forward, landing on my cheek.

"LUKE!" She ran after me

"PAIGE STOP!" She stopped hesitantly, unsure of what to do. I grabbed his arms and flipped him over, but he was able to break free from my grip. He stood up and narrowed his eyes at me.

"So Luke's your name, eh?" I nodded, glancing over at Paige who was rubbing her arm.

"Well LUKE, be careful around little patty here." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Paige let out a snicker

"Dad. You were close. My name is Paige, not patty." He growled

"Whatever." He said. "Like I was SAYING, be careful around that whore. She's deadly" he said with a smirk. I looked over at Paige as she clenched her fists.

"Sir, your daughter is amazing." I said. He let out a laugh and looked over to her.

"If you call THAT amazing." That was it. I couldn't control my anger anymore

"YOU BASTARD. ALL YOU DO IS DRINK AND HURT PEOPLE! YOUR DAUGHTER IS BEAUTIFUL. YOU GO AROUND CALLING HER A WHORE BUT SHES NEVER EVEN SLEPT WITH A GUY. BECAUSE SHES SMART. AND SHE KNOWS RIGHT FROM WRONG UNLIKE YOU." I screamed. His eyes grew wide, like he was surprised. But I didn't know why.

"Paige, you didn't tell him?" He asked deviously. I looked over at Paige who looked as if she'd faint. I walked over to her to grab her hand but she pulled away and sat down on the ground.

"It's okay, Paige. You don't have to tell me." I whispered. I didn't know what was happening, but all I wanted was for Paige to be happy. And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it. She buried her head in her hands as I looked up at her father. He smiled.

"Girl isn't a virgin buddy"

"But you didn't want to did you Paige? Nah you got forced into it?" He asked slyly, grabbing onto the counter for balance. My attention turned to Paige once more, who looked as if her whole life was crashing down on her. I felt as if I'd hurl.

"Wh-what?" I whispered, taking a seat next to her.

"That's right! Damn whore is what she is!" I didn't think. I just stood up and grabbed a pan from off the counter tops, slamming it on his head. He landed on the ground with a thud. Paige didn't move. She didn't speak. I walked back over to her and sat down, placing my hands on top of hers. She still didn't move. I picked her up bridal style and walked to my car, placing her in my passenger seat and starting the car. We drove to my house in silence, as she remained completely still. When we arrived, I picked her back up and walked to my bedroom, setting her on my bed and sitting right next to her.

"Wh-who.." I whispered, wiping a tear that was threatening to fall. All I could hear were her sobs. I nuzzled my head into her neck and hugged my arms tightly around her. I didn't let go, I just squeezed her tighter and tighter.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay baby. It's okay." I whispered as she wiped her eyes.

"I-I- GOD IM SO PATHETIC" she spat through her sobs.

"No. No no no no. Paige please. Oh love, you're perfect. Don't say that I love you so much." My voice remained at a whisper.

"Every time someone touches me, Luke. EVERY GOD DAMN TIME, I just get this picture in my mind and - and". I covered her mouth with my hand.

"I know. I know, it's okay."

"N-no it's not." She stated, as she kept crying.

"Even when I touch you...?" I asked. She turned her head away and nodded.

"I'm sorry. I-I try. But the image never leaves."

"No Paige. Stop it. It's okay. It's gonna be okay." She let out a grunt and slammed her hand on the ground.

"God DAMMIT LUKE I CANT HANDLE IT ANYMORE" she yelled.

Her voice turned to a whisper. "I don't see it when I kiss you. Because h-he... He didn't kiss me. I guess that's why." I stroked her back and let go, realizing what I was doing. I was touching her.

"Who did it Paige? Did you know him?" She froze in her spot.

"...paige..."

"It was him..." She bursted into a fit of sobs as I reached back over to hug her.

"Who? Love, look at me. Who?" She didn't answer. I sat there for a second and then it hit me.

"Was it your dad..." She nodded slightly, unable to talk.

"Oh my god" it was all I could say. Oh. My. God. She rested her head on my shoulder as my chin rested on her head.

"That fucking DICK!" I screamed. She flinched at the last word.

"Paige you... I can't believe you..." She shook her head

"What the fuck was I supposed to do, Luke? Push him off? You saw how great that worked for me today." She said quietly.

"I know, it's okay . You did nothing wrong. You're so brave, baby. So brave." I whispered, stroking her hair. I could hear her whimpers as she hid her face on my chest and gripped my shirt.

"Was this after, you know-"

"Anna died? Yeah" she sniffed.

"Week after." This girl was broken. And I wasn't sure if I'd be able to fix her. But I was willing to do whatever it took.

"I don't see the image right now" she said after a moment. I cupped her cheek to face me.

"yeah?"

"yeah." I leaned in closer to her, brushing my lips against hers.

"Luke?" She asked

"Yes love? what is it?" I asked.

"You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. When you leave, don't forget that okay?" This time, it was my turn to cry. I was leaving her. After all she's been through, I was moving across the world from her. I'll never see her again.

"I'm so sorry Paige" she reached her hand out to wipe my tears away.

"Don't ever be sorry for something you can't control." I sniffed.

"You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me too, Paige. Okay? And when I leave, and you're sitting up late at night sad, or just bored, or maybe you just want to talk, I'll be there. And I'll visit. I'll do everything I fucking can to visit. You won't be able to get rid of me even if you tried." I said, grabbing her hand. "I love you. And I always will."

"Love you too" she murmured, shutting her eyes and nuzzling my chest. I sat there for a while just listening to her breathing before falling asleep.

Guys I wasn't expecting this to happen it just kinda happened omg #depressing. I'm gonna run out of ideas omg this is gonna be the shortest book ever