Chapter 28

"Did you hear about what Luke did?"

The question was all over school but everyone failed to tell me exactly what he did. I marched through the hallway, finding an anxious Calum speed walking towards me

"Calum what the fuck did he do?" I demanded, stopping dead in my tracks. Calum grabbed my shoulders and yanked me to the side of the hallway for privacy.

"It's just a rumor, it might not be true." I rolled my eyes and let out a grunt

"What is everyone saying Calum?!" I practically yelled, afraid of what his response may be.

"People are saying that he fucked Kate jargon." My mind froze. My body froze. My mouth froze.

Everything froze.

"wh-what" I whispered, feeling like my knees would give out any second. Calum bit his lip and pulled me into a tight hug, but all I needed was to get out of there. I pulled away slightly and gave him a slight nod, showing him that I was about to go kick some ass. He nodded back and gave me a sad glare. A glare of pity- the one thing I hated.

"I'm so sorry Paige." I heard him say as I ran out of the hallway and to science class. When I arrived, Luke was at his seat with his head down. I marched over to him and yanked his hood, causing him to look up. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Paige don't listen to them, they're just rumors." He said frantically. I didn't talk, I just stared at him with a broken expression. I wanted him to see how much he hurt me. I had planned on yelling at him, but at the moment, I just wanted to run. So I ran. I ran away from all of my problems, just like I always do. Because I'm a coward.

"Paige!" He yelled after me. I assumed he was chasing me because I could hear footsteps catching up to me.

"Please, Paige. You gotta believe me. I wouldn't do that to you. She's a slut, you know I wouldn't do that. Come on, you know me." He yelled as he caught up to me and grabbed my arm roughly.

"Let go of me, I fucking hate you." I said harshly, struggling in his grip.

"Please, I'll prove it, Paige. Please give me a chance to show you the truth." His voice began to raise and I just wanted to hide away and disappear. His grip tightened as my arm began to turn red.

"Luke, you're hurting me" I whimpered. He looked down in shock as he let go and backed away. His hands covered his mouth.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, touching my cheek softly.

"Explain yourself. I'll listen to you, but don't blame me if I never speak to you again." I muttered, pushing his hand away from my face.

"Can we do this outside?" He asked, looking around at the people watching us. I rolled my eyes and walked to the exit as he followed close behind. We stepped outside as he sat down on a bench. I sat beside him.

"So you know Kate's friend, Shannon?" I nodded my head, and pulled my legs up to my chest, hugging my knees.

"She's always been trying to get me and Kate together. But I've never wanted that, Paige. I promise." He said, unsure of how I'd react to his story. I nodded for him to go on.

"So she started telling people that Kate and I hooked up, because she's a fucking bitch. Kate doesn't like me though, so I talked to her and she's just as mad as I am. Paige, it's just a rumor. I would never do that to you, and why would I even want to hook up with her in the first place? She probably has herpes or something." A small smile emerged on my face but I looked away, not wanting Luke to see it.

I wanted to believe him so bad. Hell, I DID believe him. But at the same time, he could be lying so hard right now.

"Luke I just..."

"Paige I know that you know I'm telling the truth. You can TRUST me." He said pleadingly

"You're making this so hard, Luke. I gotta go to class." I muttered, standing up and running inside. Luke didn't follow me this time, at least not until school was over. When school was over, I hopped into his car, ignoring every word and question he spoke.

After a while, Luke stopped trying to talk to me as we were left with only silence. As Luke drove up to his house, he hopped out and walked slowly into the door. I followed close behind. I sat down next to him on the couch and locked eyes with him, he almost looked angry, but at the same time, he looked like he was at a loss of all hope.

A/N

the rest of the fight is in the next chapter so YAS okay ilyg adios