Chapter 26

"So what should we ride?" Calum asked. Michael, Calum, Luke, and I were at the carnival. I looked around and smiled as I saw a green claw-looking ride.

"That one." I said, pointing to it.

"Oooh" Michael said, admiring the ride like a kid in the candy store. We walked up to it, taking our seats. I sat next to Luke, as Michael and Calum sat across from us. I glanced over at Luke who had a nervous expression on his face.

"You okay?" I asked. He gulped and took a deep breath.

"I don't do rides." He answered, letting out a nervous laugh. I grinned at how scared he looked.

"Why didn't you tell me that oh my god." I said, giggling. He gave me a slight smile.

"I thought it'd be funny." He answered, shrugging. I shook my head in disapproval.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" I said sarcastically. He smiled and returned back to his anxious state as the ride started, looking like he was about to puke. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it, allowing him to relax a little bit. When the ride was over, we walked over to a picnic table, near the food court.

"So how'd you like it?!" Michael asked Luke. Luke didn't answer. I looked over at his pale face.

"You look like you're gonna pass out." I said, letting out a small giggle. Luke widened his eyes and stood up frantically. I thought he was having a panic attack, but as he ran to the trash can, I knew what he was doing. I began laughing uncontrollably as Luke's head dipped into the trash can. When Luke's head emerged again, he wiped his lips and couldn't help but smile.

"Oh man dude, you weren't kidding when you said you don't do rides!" Calum said, clearly pleased with what just happened.

"It may not seem like it, but that ride was so fun." Luke said, sitting back down on the bench beside me. I gave him a slight smile and turned away, taking a look at all of the lights surrounding us. My gaze shifted to a couple pressed against a wall, having a heated make out session. I watched as the guys hands reached down her tight shorts. As he did so, the same old image popped into my mind. I flinched at the sight and shut my eyes, turning into Luke.

"What's wrong Paige?" He asked worriedly, placing his hand on my back.

"I can't even see damn people make out without getting that stupid image in my head." I muttered, sitting back up and sighing. Michael and Calum had looks of confusion as Luke began to comfort me.

"Just don't look over there okay? Remember, you're safe with us." I nodded my head, I knew I was safe. Luke had proved that more than enough times.

"What are you talking about?" Calum asked, glancing over at Michael who looked clueless as well.

Shit.

"Did Justin like, rape you or something?" Michael asked, clearly worried.

"No- n-not exactly." I answered, grabbing Luke's leg. I was shaking at that moment, mainly because I don't know if I'd be able to say it out loud.

"Do you want me to tell them, Paige?" Luke asked, locking his comforting gaze with mine. I nodded my head slightly, covering my ears for what he was about to say. Luke muttered something that was too quiet for me to hear, considering my ears were covered. I shut my eyes, refusing to meet my friend's glares. Luke wrapped his arm around me tightly. I removed my hands from my ears but my eyes remained shut.

"It's okay, love. Open your eyes. We're all here for you." Luke said softly. I opened my eyes slowly as I was met with my two best friends in shock. Both had tears streaming down their faces, but their expressions remained filled with horror.

"I-uh-" I stood up and ran. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't know what to say. What do you say? I'm sorry? That wouldn't change anything would it? No it wouldn't. I hid behind one of those rip off carnival games.

"P-Paige..." I heard Michael's soothing voice say from behind me. I knew he was still crying. It was obvious in his voice.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you..." I muttered. Leaning against the wall to hold myself up. Michael wrapped his arms around me as my knees went weak. He held me up, softly kissing my forehead.

"Hey, don't be sorry. Luke has been so protective of you, Paige. You know that? There's no way he'd let anything happen to you again. You trust him right?" He whispered. I nodded my head, hugging him back and shutting my eyes slightly.

"I know. I trust him." I answered. Michael pulled away and nodded, placing his hands on my cheeks and gazing into my eyes.

"You're my best friend, and I won't let anything happen to you either. Okay?" I smiled and nodded slightly.

"Thank you mike. I love you."

"You too." He said smiling. He grabbed my hand and lead me back to the table as I was met with Calum.

"There she is." He said, relief washing over him.

"You're so strong" he muttered, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm your number one fan. Just saying." I giggled, shaking my head.

I assumed Luke talked to him, because he was acting different than I expected him to. But I liked it. It put me in a better mood. I glanced over at Luke who gave me a small wink. I stuck my tongue out at him as he smiled.

How I loved that smile.

A/N

Guys be prepared for a sad moment soon. Omg so sad. You'll see soon. alciisncivjqkjndskf