Chapter 4

Paige's POV

"Paige, where are you going?!" Luke was yelling behind me but I didn't care. I just needed to get out of there. I ran out of the double doors, leading to our schools hiking trail. I followed the trail to the nearest bench. My tears were uncontrollable by now. This was a new feeling. The last time I cried was when I was six years old. It had been over some candy machine that ripped me off. After that, my dad made it clear that sadness was unacceptable.

I rested my head in my hands as the tears only poured out faster.

"Paige..." I looked up to see Luke slowly walking towards me. He took a seat next to me and let out a sigh. His arms wrapped around my body as his fingers stroked my hair. His touch was so soothing, I never wanted him to stop. My head fell onto his shoulder as he hugged me tighter. His voice turned to a whisper that only I could hear.

"I've got you. It's gonna be okay." I sniffled and gulped before answering him.

"Luke... Do you know who Anna is?" I managed to get my words out clear enough for him to hear.

"... What happened Paige?" Right as I was beginning to calm down, another set of sobs escaped from my mouth.

"You know what, never mind. She's no one important." My words came out filled with regret but I knew I couldn't tell him. He'd think I was insane.

He didn't say anything for a moment, I guess he didn't really know WHAT to say.

"Justin isn't the only person bothering you. I know that." He placed his hands on my bruised cheek.

"And when you're ready to tell me what's on your mind, I'll be here. I'll always be here. I won't let anyone else hurt you, do you understand me?" A single tear rolled down in his cheek as he placed his forehead against mine.

"You don't have to worry anymore. I've got you."

-

Luke's POV

I was in love with her. But I know that at this time, she needed a friend. Of course she had mike, but what about when he isn't here? One thought kept running through my head all day today. Who's Anna? Memories of yesterday's incident washed over me as Justin's words replayed over and over in my memory. She's not here anymore. That's your fault too, isn't it? Right when he said that, I could see Paige's eyes turn dark. They were lost. I knew that was the last straw, and I couldn't control my anger anymore. So I attacked him. And not once have I regretted doing so.

Michael and Paige were walking together in front of me, so I sped up to catch up to them.

"Hey guys!" They smiled at me, as Michael began to speak

"Hey Luke." They glanced at each other and broke out into fits of laughter. I narrowed my eyes and smiled

"What's so funny?!" Paige was laughing so hard, I could hear her hiccuping.

"Oh nothing- hic- you've just got a little- hic- marker on your forehead!" They continued laughing as I reached for my phone, looking into the camera, I saw the word "penis" written in marker across my forehead.

"Fucking brothers" I murmured. Paige let out another laugh

"DONT WASH IT OFF! It's funny." I smiled at her for a while. This is the first time in forever she's been this happy, and I liked it. So I wasn't planning on washing it off just yet.

"Oh my god you guys this is so embarrassing!" People kept looking over at me, as I turned my head away from every teacher that passed me.

"What if I get in trouble?" Michael paused and smirked as he thought about it.

"Dude you'd be a legend. Everyone would know you as that guy that got suspended for writing penis on his forehead." I smiled, thinking about the idea.

"If I get suspended, I blame you two." Paige patted my back as she headed off to math class with Michael.

"Oh wait, hey Paige?!" I bit my lip as she made her way back over to me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna, uh, like go somewhere tonight?" She smiled at how nervous I looked.

"Like a date?"

"Uh, yeah I guess. Unless you don't want it to be like that. Then it doesn't have to be." She let out a giggle and narrowed her eyes.

"Sure. It's a date." She smiled as my cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

"See you tonight" she said, as she left to get to her class.

A/N

Hey guys! So this was a short chapter, I know. But I feel like this story is ready moving too fast oh my god so I gotta fill it in a little haha. But anyway, what's gonna happen on the date guys?! AND WE STILL DONT KNOW WHO ANNA IS OH MY GOD OKAY I DONT WANNA GIVE ANYTHING AWAY SO ILL SHUT UP BYE ILY