Chapter 23

"Now will you tell me why I'm wearing this dress?" She asked, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She looked beautiful. She had natural makeup and I could finally see her whole face with most of her hair pinned back.

"Nah. You'll just have to see for yourself." I said, grinning. Her eyes lit up as a smile grew across her face.

"Fuck you Hemmings." She said, looking out the window.

"It's actually not that good of a surprised I feel bad for you." She gave me a questioning look that soon turned into shock when we drove up to a small, junky bar.

"You made me dress up like THIS for THIS?" She asked, biting her lip. I smiled.

"Yup!" I said.

When we got inside, the bar smelled like alcohol, sweat, and crap scented candles.

"Ma'lady." I said, pulling the chair out for her to sit in. I could tell she was confused. But she didn't want to say anything. I mean seriously, if I were her, I'd dump my ass by now. But I had a plan. So it was okay. She sat down cautiously, like she was afraid of breaking the chair. I scooted her in and took a seat across from her.

"What can I get for you two?" I heard a chirpy, female voice from behind me. I turned around and smiled at the short, brunette waitress.

"I'll get a burger please." I said, handing her my menu. Paige ordered a salad and handed her the menu.

"You like punk rock music right?" I asked as the waitress left.

"Yeah. Well, I pretty much like everything." She stated taking a sip of her drink.

"Even those crappy pop stations on the radio?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. She let out a laugh and placed her drink back on the table.

"Yes, even those crappy pop stations." She said sarcastically.

-

We sat there for a while, just talking about whatever we wanted. I made her laugh so hard, her drink came out of her nose. So, point for me. I looked down at my text from Michael that said "ready when you are. Come to the back of the room." I bit my lip and wiped the sweat off of my hands. This was it.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I said. She nodded and tucked the extra piece of hair behind her ear again. I made my way to the back of the room where I saw Calum, Michael, and Ashton. I gave them a slight nod as I grabbed my guitar from Ash's hands.

"Can I get everyone's attention?" I said with my voice slightly raised. Everyone turned to face us with confused looks on their faces. I looked over at Page, who looked as confused as an upside down cow.

"We are five seconds of summer and we'd like to play a song. Is that okay with everyone?" I asked. The people murmured and smiled. Paige was beaming the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen. The boys and I made our way to the small stage in the corner of the bar. I took a deep breath and looked at the rest of my band to make sure they were ready.

"This is for Paige." I said before beginning.

"Life's a tangled web

Of cell phone calls and hashtag I-don't-knows

And you you're so caught up

In all the blinking lights and dial tones

I admit I'm a bit of a victim in the worldwide system too

But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you

Tune out the static sound of the city that never sleeps

Here in the moment on the dark side of the screen

I like the summer rain

I like the sounds you make

We put the world away

We get so disconnected

You are my getaway

You are my favorite place

We put the world away

Yeah we're so disconnected

Oh oh o-o-oh, oh oh o-oh

We're so disconnected

Oh oh o-o-oh, oh oh o-oh

Hands around my waist

You're counting up the hills across the sheets

And I'm a falling star

A glimmer lighting up these cotton streets

I admit I'm a bit of a fool for playing by the rules

But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you

Tune out the static sound of the city that never sleeps

Here in the moment on the dark side of the screen

I like the summer rain

I like the sounds you make

We put the world away

We get so disconnected

You are my getaway

You are my favourite place

We put the world away

Yeah we're so disconnected

Turn off the radio

Those late night TV shows

Hang up the telephone

And just be here with me

Turn off the radio

Those late night TV shows

Hang up the telephone

And just be here with me

I like the summer rain

I like the sounds you make

We put the world away

We get so disconnected

You are my getaway

You are my favourite place

We put the world away

Yeah we're so disconnected

I like the summer rain

I like the sounds you make

We put the world away

We get so disconnected

You are my getaway

You are my favourite place

We put the world away

Yeah we're so disconnected." I took a deep breath and looked over at Paige. She jumped out of her seat and ran up to me, leaping into my arms.

"I love you Luke Robert." She squealed. Her face lit up as I finally saw her happy. There wasn't a worry in the world in those green eyes. Just happiness. And I loved it.

I loved her.

A/N

Ugh I hate this book, I hate my face, I hate myself, I hate peanut butter, I hate running.

The struggle