Chapter 35

"She asked for you. She's not in very good condition and we aren't sure exactly what will happen. She's suffering from major internal bleeding, especially to the head. You're aloud to talk to her though." The nurse said, shutting the door and leaving Paige and I alone.

Oh no...

My heart shattered as I observed the weak girl laying in front of me.

"Paige?" I whispered, kneeling down beside her bed. She had been sweating previously and her hair was matted down everywhere. She was pale- almost lifeless. I watched as she turned her head to face me. Her eyes were shut but I could tell she was trying so hard to open them.

"Relax, love. I'm here." She let a short breath out as her eyelids fluttered open. They were bloodshot, but still as beautiful as ever.

Don't cry Luke. Be strong. For her. I said to myself. I held back the tears that were threatening to fall and grabbed her hand delicately.

"Luukee"

Her voice was shaky, I could barely hear it. It sounded lifeless, almost at a whimper. I grabbed her hand and gazed down at her through tear-filled eyes.

"you can let go, Paige. I'll be okay." I choked out, letting a small sob escape my lips. Her mouth was slightly ajar and her eyes were fighting to stay open.

"Ilo- I-" her words began to slur as her eyes fluttered shut.

"Paige? Please, baby." I couldn't say anything else. I was crying too hard.

"Love y-"

and then silence.

The next moment was a blur, all I knew was that her eyes were half open, but they were lifeless. I heard a long, ongoing beeping noise coming from the heart rate monitor, and that's when I knew.

She was gone.

"-pai- NO PAIGE PLEASE". I grabbed her hand tighter and shook her body, begging for her to wake up. I couldn't even concentrate over my loud sobs.

"I LOVE YOU TOO PAIGE, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I LIED, I WONT BE OKAY. I NEED YOU PAIGE PLEASE NO" I fell to my knees as the nurse rushed in. I remember being dragged out of the room and into a small hallway, letting myself fall apart once again.

A/N

literally crying omg 😭😭 GUYS UGH NO