Chapter 39: Ashlyn

Chapter 39: Ashlyn

It was a long day at School. I sit in bed at home thinking. If Harry's going to be gone for eight months, or more; what is he going to miss?

My birthday. Christmas. New Years. This is going to be hard. I would push through it. Ignoring my thoughts, I get out of my warm bed and go to the living room.

Symantha and Ashlyn were sitting on the couch watching educational children shows. That was enough to make me feel worse than I was.

I slowly walk to the kitchen. Then chow down on some cinnamon rolls. After eating, I didn't want to move, so I just sat at the kitchen table. My phone lay on the table.

The fridge called me, but it was too far away. Ug, the struggles. My phone rings. It read 'Harry.' I answer it as fast as I could.

"Hey." I say into my phone. "Hey, babe." I grin. He spoke. "I miss you?" That made me happy.

"I miss you too, Harry." There was silence before I heard security yell for the boys. "I just wanted to hear your voice before I went onstage."

There was another silence, but it was a comfortable silence. "Harry, just go; I'll call you later." His voice shook. "Okay, Love you."

"I love you too, Harry."

Another silence. "Bye." He spoke softly before hanging up. He's probably missing me more, but I'll still argue that I do.

Because love isn't love if only one person is committed. I'm committed; I don't know about Harry.

Ashlyn hollered for me to come there. I follow her screams to her. She chuckles. She starts jumping up and down.

"Auntie Chloe, Auntie Chloe!" She chants before hopping into my arms. I tickle her just to hear her laugh. "Okay, What do you want?" I ask her.

She points to the kitchen.

"Eat, eat!" I walk to the kitchen with the little girl on my hip. I put her down and give her a cinnamon roll. She takes it and runs back to the living room.

Then I sit down with them. "Have you heard anything from Liam yet?" I say. She shook her head. "Nope."

"I'm hungry." I complain. Symantha rolls her eyes. "Do you want Little Caesars or Italian Village?" I answer with a rhetorical answer.

"Little Caesars." I prefer Little Caesars over a lot of pizza place. Symantha likes Bellacinos, but I've never been there.

She chuckles. "Okay." Little Ashlyn jumps around with me. I am like, her best friend. We are best friends forever.

She and I high five. She may not be a Mine Me, but she's my sunshine on a rainy day. Her laugh was so adorable. It was like listening to One Direction.