Chapter 48: Truly In Love

Holding Tristan made me calm and relaxed. I love babies. I was just a baby person. Chloe had helped raise about eight kids, so I don't know about her.
Chloe lays Tristan in his seat. He was so small and cute. I loved the smell of new babies. Mine and Chloe's fingers wrap together again.

Symantha and Liam walk back out and ask what we want. "Pizza?" Chloe suggests. "Italian Village." I say. Symantha rolls her eyes. "Okay." She says picking up her phone.

Chloe had a rough childhood. Having to change households every week sounded hard. She had told me that at her dad's, she stayed up until about 2:00 taking care of the sleepless hoodlums.

Four is a lot of kids. And plus Allison. She was four months older than Chloe. She turned out okay I guess. I haven't seen her in about three years.

Chloe had her mom to take care of too. Jumping in and out of jail and drinking often. I remember One time, Chloe and her mom, Diana, was fighting.

Chloe made me stay in the car. I waited and heard them screaming at each other through the window. Then silence. I go to check it out. Once I got to the door, Chloe storms out. I follow her back to the car on high pursuit.

When we were on outlet way home, I asked what happened. "The bitch slapped me." She responded. I could tell she was irritated.

"Calm down babe." I say. She exploded. "Harry, please shut up. I don't wanna talk." I know better than to end a conversation with her mad. "Chloe-"

"Harry, shut up." She yells. I didn't say another word. There was tension in the car, and I knew she was pissed.

"Stop the car." She says. I kept driving. "Stop the car Harry." I parked on the side of the road and turned the car off. She jumps out and starts pacing in the gravel.

Cars zoomed by. She walked back and forth. I get out to calm her down. Chloe froze looking at me. "I can't take it anymore Harry." She spoke. Her breathing increased, and she threw up.

"Let's get you home." I said helping her to the car. She was just overwhelmed. Once she was in, I got in the drivers seat. I start up the car and drive. The road gets boring after a while, and my eyes look to her. She looked stressed.
That was then though.

And now? Now she was taking care of her own child. Chloe seems calm right now. She can't blame it all on her parents or her childhood.
It was her choice too. Her religion guided her, and she fell off a few times.

I hope she'd stay the same girl I first met. Chloe was sweet, innocent, truthful, loving, beautiful, athletic, and talented. I could go on all day.

She looked at me then to Louis. I could tell she was going to say something. Tristan began to cry. She picked him up and walked to the kitchen.

I spoke. "What do you think?" Louis looks at me. "I don't know. it's just happening so quickly." I grin at him.

His expression was hard to figure out. Louis was good at hiding his emotions. "He's perfect." His voice cracked a little.

I nod. "Yeah, he is." There was a part in me that was jealous. I just didn't show it though. Chloe was walking back through to her seat with a bottle in Tristan's mouth.

Louis' Point Of View:

Knowing that I was now a father made me feel like I had gained the responsibility to take care of Tristan and Chloe. It didn't bother me though. I know that what Chloe and I did was wrong, but we couldn't go back now.

That didn't bother me. I'm content of what I got out of it. Im content even though I'm not proud of my choice. Everything happens for a reason.

Chloe sits back down slowly with Tristan in her hands. They were both beautiful. I knew I couldn't have her though. I couldn't compete with Harry.

He was the better match for her. They were a cute couple. I think they're cuter than Symantha and Liam. I am jealous, yeah. I'm happy for them though. Because they're truly, madly, and deeply in love.