First Day of School

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. Megan groggily sat up, her eyes adjusting to the new sun. She slammed on the off button on her alarm and looked at the time. 3:30. She laughed sarcastically, knowing her brother had messed with her alarm again. She changed it back to it's rightful time of 6:30 and sat in her bed, staring at her white ceiling. She knew today would be like any other day, going to school, staying on the same boring path of school, coming home, homework, sleep, repeat. She glanced at the time again. 4:19. She sat up again, this time swinging her legs off her bed and stretching out. She looked around at her bland blue room. She tried as hard as she could to make it more.... Original. She stuck posters, art, almost anything that she could get her hands on to the walls. She walked up to her door, looking at herself in the mirror. She looked at herself, a daily routine. She was wearing her red mickey mouse cheer shorts and her extra long black sweater that read. "Fight me IRL bro." She skimmed over face, sneering in disgust. She looked at her vibrant red hair and saw her black roots. She looked around her cluttered room and grabbed a sticky note and pen. Scribbling on how she needed to buy more hair dye she stuck it on the mirror and swung the door open. All was silent in the house. She looked around utterly surprised. She looked in her brother's room and saw that both of them were still asleep. She went to her bathroom and closed the door. Less than ten minutes passed when she heard them arguing. She rolled her eyes and groaned. She tried to open the door as quietly as possible, but she was being stared at when she came out. They were stuck in mid fight, having tufts of hair in their hands. They stared at her a bit more and smiled.

"Good morning Megan~!" They both said and she rolled her eyes, smiling slightly. "Morning Tweedledee and Tweedledum." She said sarcastically. Nick, the second oldest, wrinkled his nose. "Whatever Lucifer, we're starving and Lucifer #2 won't make breakfast!!" He motioned to Rex, the oldest brother. She sighed and thought for a bit.

"Nick, it's your turn to make breakfast." "WHAT?!?! I DID IT THREE.. Days... Ago... Okay I'll go do it." He rushed down the stairs. Rex smiled at Megan, rubbing his head slightly. He kissed her cheek. "Thanks, didn't think he would leave me alone." She rubbed her slightly wet cheek. "Yeah whatever, go see if he's burning the eggs." He nodded and walked down the stairs and she went back into her room. She slipped on her flats and tied her hair up in a terribly lazy bun. She snatched her phone and shoved it in her pants pocket with her headphones. She walked downstairs to see them fighting again. They both saw her and quickly pulled away, acting like they were doing something else. She sighed and grabbed her plate of eggs and bacon. They ate in blissful silence, knowing it would be all they would get before school started. Rex glanced at the time and sighed, taking their empty plates and putting them in the dishwasher. "Let's go." He said, grabbing his backpack. She grabbed hers off her chair and waited until they both left, turning off the hall light and locking the door. Megan pulled out her phone and plugged her headphones in and placed them in her ears, turning on her music. The bus inched to a stop and she got on, going only two seats back before reaching her seat, placing her backpack next to her as to say not to sit next to her. She slumped down in her seat and listened to her music as the bus heaved back to a start. The bus jerked to a stop and she looked up from her phone, wondering why the bus had stopped. She looked out the window and saw a new guy running to the bus. The bus driver. Mr. Corpier, opened the door and grumpily asked, "You Seth?" The new kid nodded, running a hand through his messy brown hair. He seemed glad he made it in time by the excitement in his hazel eyes. He seemed tall, at least 6'1" and he seemed a bit... Clunky in the way he walked down the aisle. He sat directly across Megan, and she rolled her eyes, turning up her music and staring out the window. She couldn't help but feel like she was being watched so when she looked over to him with dead eyes, he was. He stared at her for a bit more, blush creeping up on his cheeks, and he looked away, trying to pretend he was looking around. She rolled her eyes and looked away, and his eyes set straight back on her. She let out a low growl and pulled out one if her headphones.

"Do we have a problem?" She asked bluntly. He shook his head, still blushing.

"S-sorry... You're just... Really pretty.." He said and looked down at his fingers, twiddling his thumbs playfully. She turned bright red. She's never been told that, except from her brothers. How was she supposed to reply to that? She felt the bus stop and she shot up, grabbing her backpack and running out of the door to the school. For once she was glad the school was so huge, she could lose him here. She dropped her stuff off at her locker and got to her homeroom class. She sat in her spot all the way in the back of the class. Just before the bell rung the door opened and there stood Seth.

"Uh. This is homeroom 147... Right..?" He asked, holding out his paper. Mrs. Murphy nodded, using her "first day of school" smile.

"You must be Seth! I'm Mrs. Murphy! For now you can sit by..." Not me not me not me. "Ah! Megan!" She almost slammed her head on her desk. He looked back to her and smiled slightly. He sat down next to her, and she tried to scoot away.

"Now Megan, you'll help him out today alright?" She asked. Megan nodded, letting a small groan escape her throat. He noticed and faced her, mumbling lowly.

"You don't have to if you don't want to, I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything..." She raised an eyebrow. "How would you make me uncomfortable?" "Well.... I'm kinda... The last person you'd hang out with... And I'm really embarrassing..." He said, sighing and running a hand through his hair. She smiled slightly.

"I'll hang out with you." She said and he smiled, his eyes showing utter excitement. "Really?!" She laughed lightly and placed a finger to her lips. The people in homeroom were staring at them. He placed his finger over his own lips, smiling widely. The bell rung and Megan grabbed her stuff and looked up to see Seth almost jumping out of his skin for being so happy. He grabbed her hand and ran out of the room. He looked at his paper.

"Math class is next!" He said and dragged her to math with him, not even asking if she was in the same class. In math they passed notes to each other, writing stupid things on them like butts and other stuff. Then it was art, in which they were free drawing, but Megan could feel his eyes gazing over her carefully. Was he seriously drawing her? She rolled her eyes and smiled, smudging some of the lines with her thumb. The bell rang and he placed the paper carefully in his folder, facing away from her so she couldn't see. He put the folder back into his binder and smiled at her. "We have " study hall" next." He made the quotations with his fingers. She raised her eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He shrugged. "Follow me and you'll see." He said, taking her hand and leading her outside. He led her to the garden all the way in the back of the school. He smiled and picked a pink Camellia, placing it carefully in her hair. She blushed slightly as he took both of her hands and studied her face carefully. She looked into his hazel eyes and he smiled softly. He leaned forward, and Megan leaned forward as well. WAIT. I BARELY KNOW THIS GUY AND YET I WANT TO KISS HIM?!?! His lips pressed softly against hers and she kinda stood still, her eyes wide, astonished she was being kissed. He pulled away quickly with embarrassment.

"I-I'm sorry I just, you're really pretty, and I really like, no, love you! And so I thought it would be okay to-" she stopped him from saying any more by pressing her lips against his, lacing her fingers behind his neck. She could feel him smile against her kiss and he kissed her back, wrapping his hands around her waist. The kiss ended and he nuzzled his nose deep into her neck, making her blush slightly. "I love you." He said against her neck, his warm breath grazing her softly.

"I love you too." She said. He removed his face from her neck and smiled and kissed her nose, making her giggle. They sat outside the rest of the study hall, Seth making a flower crown for Megan and Megan singing some songs softly while laying on her back in the warm sun. Once she stopped he frowned softly.

"Why'd you stop? You sing so beautifully." He said, placing the flower crown on her head. She smiled and sat up.

"Because I want you to sing with me~" she said and he smiled. "Fine." When they were walking back into the school, both of them were singing happily, holding hands and laughing at the littlest things. The buses were already there, so they grabbed their stuff and got on the bus, sharing a seat. They talked and talked until Megan had to leave, she slipped him her number and got off the bus. Ignoring her brothers she ran into her room, closing the door, placed her phone on the charger, and waited on her bed. Ten or twenty minutes passed when her phone started to ring. She answered it with a smile.

"hello?"