abandoned ||pt. 2|| | ᵒᵗ⁷

"look what i got for my mom hoseokie-hyung! it's this bracelet that she wanted for such a long time," jungkook smiled. showing off the silver bracelet that shined well with the sunlight. 

"that's great kook! i'm sure she'd love it," hoseok smiled, feeling a bit tight in the chest while doing so. today wans't about him. it was about the mother's all around the world. so he didn't want to pour out any type of negative vibe. he told himself if anything was bothering him, he'd suck it up.

"i got my mom these limited sale only michael kors shoes," jimin added in. "they were quite expensive, but nothing i couldn't handle," he smiled while holding up the box that was yet to be wrapped up.

"what did you get yours hoseok?" jimin piped in. curious as to what the older could have gotten his mother.

hoseok wasn't use to this, so he lied. "well, i'm yet to still get a gift, but i do know exactly what i'm going to get her.." he forced a smile.

"what is it? can we please know what it is hyung? jungkook whined.

"no, no, it's a surprise kook!" hoseok laughed with them.

"well, i can't wait until we all go out tonight! i can't believe i came up with such a great idea of all of us taking our mothers  together out for dinner," jungkook smiled proudly at his idea.

hoseok's heart immediately stopped. what? what was that? they were all going out for dinner.... bringing their mothers along? when was this planned?

jimin took notice of the way hoseok's face was quite lost, choosing to fill him in on the idea they had. "lastnight while we were out for dinner, jungkook came up with the idea of all of us inviting our mom's over so we could all go out for dinner as a group," jimin filled his hyung in on the plan.

"it's a nice and simple idea, so we all approved of it," he continued. 

"..well? what about me? i didn't get a say on the vote." hoseok chipped in.

jimin didn't realy know what to do, it was a very simple and fun idea of just taking their mothers out, so he didn't see what the problem was. "what do you mean hyung? your mother is coming along too... is she not?"

hoseok held back his breath "...y-yeah, she is.." he smiled. "i'm gonna go take a quick shower to get ready for the day" he left. jimin and jungkook staring at each other before staring at their hyung, and shrugging it off.

hoseok had a shower and left to yugeyoms house. he wa shaving an anxiety attack. yes, even though he prmoised himself he wouldn't go, he went.

__________

"g-gyeomie, i-i can't. i-i can't do it. i miss mommy, i miss her so much." hoseok cried into yugyeoms arms. his shoes and jacket were still on as they both stood at the entrance of the house, the front door not even closed.

it'd be a lie to say yugyeom wasn't expecting hoseok. he did know the younger quite well, but he wasn't expecting him to come over wailing like this. 

"shh, shh... it's okay seok-ah, everything's fine. don't you worry about a thing" he whispered into the crying boy's ears. "they invited me over as well seok to come along on the get together," he told hoseok.

hoseok peeked up from their embrace as he spoke "i-i told them i'd come along, b-but i can't 'gyomie, i can't do it. i felt pressured 'cause jiminie and kook kept asking questions about mommy" he sniffled, nose runny and eyes red. 

"shh, it's alright, you can stay with me for tonight bub. you don't have to go anywhere."

"th-thank you," he hiccuped into the elder's chest. 

later that night, hoseok called jimin to inform him that he wouldn't be able to make it to the get together. an emergency came up, and that he should let the others know as well just in case.

and so hoseok didn't attend the gathering. who knew the day would be so long.

hoseok stayed in the safe company of yugyeom as they both watched a movie together. it was better than any ideas the younger could think of doing, so they settled on this.

the next morning

hoseok walked into the house, not expecting to see veryone in the lviing room watching a very poorly acted drama. 

"hyung! i've missed you so much" taehyung ran up to the elder giving a tight hug. "are you okay? did anything bad happen? i was sad that you couldn't come along with us~" 

"i'm okay tae-ah, everything's fine now," hoseok sighed, giving a content lok over to taehyung.

"you really had us worried there hyung, what was the emergency?" the younger continued.

"w-well... nothing too serious, don't worry about it." hoseok laughed off.

"enough about that hoseokie-hyung, but did your mom like what you got her for mother's day? all our mom's had such crazy reactions! how was yours?" 

hoseok gave a small smile while heading towards his room, "she was happy kook, that's all that mtters" he breathed out before going into his room.

a couple of hours later

hoseok had woken up from another late afternoon nap, feeling thirsty he got up and drank out of the water bottle he placed there. he then got up, strecthing a bit, and deciding on going over and checking up on the others.

while hoseok walked through the hallway, he could hear clear mummbling and chattering.

".....i can't belive it..."

"...why.........."

".............such a thing......."

"hello?" hoseok walked into the kicthen, surprised to see everyone huddled over the kitchen counter talking.

all heads were quick to turn directly at him "what the heck are you guys doing?" hoseok laughed, stretching in the process. a bit surprised to see as everyone continued staring at him.

".....hoseok....... is it true?" jin was the first to speak from the awkward silence.

"is what true?" the younger was of course confused.

"tha-" jin got cut off

"that your mother abandoned you?" namjoon was quick to cut in.