Chapter 34

"We're almost done," smiled Ezra's cousin Courtney. I smiled back, looking at the white dress beside me. In a few short minutes, I will be marrying the love of my life.
"Don't panic," she said, noticing the look on my face.
"I'm not, I'm just a little bit nervous."
"Ah I remember the wedding jitters." Courtney said laughing. "They'll soon go away, I promise."
"I hope so."
"What do you think of that?" She asked tapping my nose with her big makeup brush. Tears started fill up in my eyes.
"Awe hunny what's wrong? Why are you crying?"
"The last time someone's done my hair and makeup for a big day, was before my best friend passed away." I said wiping a tear away.
"I'm sorry babe," we sat there in silence a little bit.
"Okay, who's ready for the dress?" Courtney asked unzipping the bag.

The dress was absolutely stunning. The final part of getting me around was putting the veil on.
"Ready?"
"No."
"Common Bay." Courtney smiled, while leading me to the door. She took one glance at me and opened the doors. I walked down the path, watching everyone turn and look at me. I smiled and continued down the path. I reached the spot that I needed. When I looked up, I noticed Ezra wiping away a few tears.
"What's wrong?" I asked smiling.
"You're so beautiful." He said wiping away another tear. I laughed again then looked at the priest.

"Do you Ezra-" The priest started to say.
"We wrote our own vows and would like to say them." The priest nodded, letting Ezra to say his vows.
"Bay, I remember the first day I met you. You were so anxious and confident on getting the role. You looked so beautiful in your dress, and I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. We've been through some rough patches, but you still continued to stay by my side the whole time. You stood by my side through the loss of your friend, my cheating," he winced then continued "and the loss of our daughter. I promise to never stop loving you and be with you through sickness and health, I love you, and I will never stop loving you. You have done nothing but love me, even when you shouldn't have. You were an angel delivered to me from god. I will always say I do. So, I do." The priest looked at me nodding for me to go.

"Ezra," I giggled wiping away a tear "you have loved me for everything I've been through no matter what it was. You're so understanding on what I want, and I thank you for that. I love you so much, and I couldn't imaging loving someone more than I do you. You're everything I've ever wanted. You're my personal escape from reality, you're my gravity that holds me down, and you have given my three amazing children." Ezra looked at me confused, then he gasped while smiling. "I promise to love you forever no matter what the cost it. I do."
"I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Johnson. You may now kiss the bride." Said the priest. Ezra pulled me in for a kiss that lasted forever.

We looked at the crowd and they all started to clap. "You're pregnant!" He shouted while kissing me again.
"12 weeks." I said laughing.
"Hi mommy." Danielle said giving me a hug.
"Hi baby, are you excited to have a little sister or brother?." I said kissing her head.
"Yes! I hope I have a little sister that looks like Jaden." I smiled and gave her hand a squeeze.
"Ezra, don't drink too much." I shouted while laughing. Danielle had gone somewhere else after chatting with me. I had chatted with some guests until it got darker.

"Bay?" Courtney said.
"Yes?"
"You're leaving in 5."
"Okay thanks." I said giving her a hug. "Danielle!" I shouted. She came running to me.
"What mommy?"
"What were you doing?" I asked.
"Talking to uncle Jack." I had frozen in place. Ezra noticed and came running to me.
"What's wrong?" He asked alarmed.
"Jacks here."
"Did you see him?"
"No. Danielle just told me she was talking to him." I cried. Ezra scratched his head.
"Maybe she's imagining that he's here."
"What?"
"It's common." He said calming me down. I scanned the place, not seeing him anywhere. He's not here I kept telling myself. Finally I calmed down.

"Mommy and daddy are leaving sweet face, we'll be back soon. Give me kisses." I said reaching out for her. She gave me the biggest hug and whispered in my ear "please be careful mommy. Uncle Jack isn't happy. I love you" And then she let me go. I felt a cold sweat on my back appearing. Courtney ushered me into the car, trying to make us leave sooner.
"Keep an eye on Danielle please, and don't let her out of your sight."
"Will do captain." She said laughing. Ezra got into the car, telling the driver to go, leaving everyone behind us disappear.

An hour into our drive Ezra had started sweating through his clothes badly.
"Baby what's wrong?" I asked Ezra alarmed. He didn't answer. He started throwing up all over the floor.
"Ezra?" I placed a bag under him. He continued to throw up.
"Please pull over." I asked the driver. The driver pulled over to the side of the road.
"I need air" Ezra choked out. We both got out. Ezra bent over, placing his hands on his knees. He started throwing up blood, lots of blood. I reached out for him but he shouted "Stop!" I blinked, shocked of him yelling at me. He threw up more blood.
"Is it raining?" He asked, his eyes glossy.
"It's your sweat," I told him. He fell over hitting his head off the ground.
"Ezra?" I ran over to where he laid. I shook him but there was nothing.
"Ezra!" I shouted. "I need an ambulance."
"I'll drive you, get in." Said the driver. I sat there holding him. The driver got out and put him in the car.

We were driving a hundred miles an hour to the hospital. A few doctors met us outside the emergency room entrance. They put him on a gurney and disappeared with him. I collapsed to the floor sobbing.
"Common, lets go wait inside." Said the driver lifting me up and carrying me inside. As I sat there waiting, I fell asleep.
"Bay." The driver said "wake up, the doctors here." I awoke suddenly.
"Bay Johnson?"
"That's me."
"Please excuse these words I'm about to tell you." The doctor said fixing the crack in his voice "I'm so sorry for your loss." My whole world had come crashing down on me. My whole body had become numb.
"Ma'am," the doctor said confused.
"Hmm?"
"You're bleeding."
"What?" A sudden jolt of pain went throughout my body. My pants were soaked in blood.
My vision had blurred out, leaving me in the dark.