Chapter 1🍁-Guests✅

Unedited!

UMMULKHAIR QUREISH'S POV

Abuja, Nigeria.

It was a nice sunny Saturday morning.

The sound of the birds chirping echoed through my room. To me it was melodious, because they chirped harmoniously. There has to be about 20 birds out there.

The rays of the sun coming in through my open windows as my curtains were moderately drawn up a bit. Something I did when I woke up for Subh prayer and forgot to close it. The cold morning breeze made me snuggle more under my duvet, my soft and warm duvet. My one love.

The softness of my pillow made me bury my head into it. The eerie quietness and the peace it came with made me sleep more comfortably. It was promising.

This is definitely going to be a good morning.

There is nothing better than a Saturday. No school, no lectures, and you can sleep in late without any worries. Without having to wake up early to attend a 6am class that some wicked lecturers fix just because he has no wife. It was too obvious that wicked lecturers are just being mean because they don't have wives.

This is just what I love. Sleeping in all morning, all day if I may add, I don't care. That is until my mom makes me get out of bed. I seriously don't understand the thing with Nigerian mothers and seeing their daughters relaxed and doing nothing. Most especially when you're typing your phone comfortably, that's when their own juju wakes up.

That happy moment of mine didn't last for long because there was a knock on my door.
I ignored it. It was probably either my brother or sister. They wanted to go out today and Mama made me promise to take them with me. I don't understand why they just won't take a driver and leave with him instead. They probably just enjoy seeing me annoyed.

The annoying person that was knocking earlier walked in and yelled,

"Khairi get your lazy ass off the bed and get in the shower" My elder sister, Hamidah said in her over pitched voice which she uses when she wants to wake me up. She knew I hated that and that what she enjoyed.

What is she even doing here this early in the morning? She's married for Allah's sake.

I groaned putting the pillow on my head to keep her voice out. "Urghhh, Adda Hamidah it's Saturday fah. Pleaseee, just let me sleep" I said snuggling more under the duvet hoping that she would leave me alone even if I know the chance of that happening is next to none. It was literally impossible trying to change this woman's mind.

She hissed loudly and yanked the duvet off me "We have guests dummy, get up now" She said, now hands akimbo as her eyes narrowed at me slightly.

"No, let me be please" I whined try to drag my duvet back onto my body. But, she held it farther out off my reach.

She shifted before walking out.  I smiled going back to sleep as I drag the quilt into my body again.

Finally she left.

Suddenly I felt cold water on me and I jumped up the bed faster than I could ever thought I will be able to. The woman poured freezing cold water on me drenching my poor bed.

"What the hell!?!!" I yelled only to see my sister smirking. My eyes narrowed at her as I look down and looked at my now dripping pajamas. I shiver slightly from the cold.

She didn't seem bothered by me however. She only kept smirking,  "Good, you're up.  Now get in the shower" she said going out with the bucket in her hand leaving me with a soaked bed and clothes. The woman didn't even spare me a minute to argue with her.