Chapter 38🌚- New Life

Chapter 37-New Life

Khairi's POV

Three months passed quickly in a blink of an eye. Ayaan and I spent 2 weeks in Indonesia and it had been nothing but blissful.

Since I missed many days of work,I worked harder than before and Alhamdullilah!, my hardwork had paid off.

In these three months,I haven't heard a single thing about Ruma or her whereabouts and I'm more than glad.

Zahra lives in Katsina with the man she's now madly in love with,Haidar. They're living happily.

She and I are now at the 'I don't hate you and I don't like you'stage of friendship. But we still talk and chat,laugh a times, but not too much. Same as Adda Hami.

As for Saffy,she's now Zahra's bff. Like seriously, they're best friends. If you see them you'll think they were friends since childhood.

And news flash,Maryam,Hanifa and Zahra are pregnant!. All three months preggie.

As for Ruky and Kamal. The two lovebirds are dating,in love,and getting married in 5 months to come. I've never seen Ruky as happy as she is with Kamal.

And Adda Hami,She gave
birth last week to a bouncing baby boy. Baby Asad. Today is the naming ceremony.

Ayaan and I had our own share of quarrels during those three months but we always fix it up in the most funny way.

I'm at my parents house where the naming ceremony is taking place.

I just came back from the kitchen with a plate full of fried rice and a bottle of Hibiscus drink. I'm hungry,don't blame me.

I entered Adda Hami's room where they girls are.

I sat next to Maryam while the girls eyed me suspiciously.

"What?" I asked innocently

"Khairi,that's your third plate so far in five hours since you came" Hanifa stated while Adda Hami,Zahra,Maryam,Ruky and Saffy nodded.

"Yeah so?, I'm hungry so don't blame me,and the others were two small plates" I replied eating a spoonful of my delicious rice savouring the taste. Gosh this taste so good.

"I think she's pregnant'Adda Hami said collecting Baby Asad from Ruky

I glared at her mouthful " Your senses are still not back Adda Hami, get it checked wallah"I said stuffing another spoonful

Adda hami hissed throwing a pillow at me which I dodged "Disrespectful girl kawai,I know what I'm saying. You're pregnant, you don't even notice it and yet you call yourself a Gynaecologist"

"I'm not pregnant" I stressed each word.

So what,I might've gained a little more weight and my skin's glowing a bit. I eat a little too much and I have petty headache, that doesn't mean I'm pregnant right?

"I agree with Adda Hami, I think you are pregnant" Maryam shrugged while I slapped the back of her head with my hand

"Useless girl,you're supposed to be on my side"i said glaring at her playfully

She dramatically gasped " Careful,I'm carrying a baby, now you don't want me to report you to Habibi do you?" She asked referring to Ya Hamid

"Wannan Kuma kya fada wa wadda batada miji Ai" I hissed returning back to munching on my delicious food and heavenly drink.