Prologue

My Possessive Stepbrother

Prologue

"Annie, can you get Claire and come down stairs it’s time to eat! “My mom shouts while I getting my cheer outfit, and my things into my duffle bag for the football game tomorrow. “Just a minute mom. “Me, my mom and my little sister Claire all live in a two bedroom apartment. We wasn't the richest people but me mange to get by. My mother works 2 jobs just to take care of us. I always told her that I would get a job but she insisted that I shouldn't have to, that she insist that she is the mom and I'm the kid. Even though we are slightly poor we are very happy. We love that it’s just us three. You're probably wondering where my father is well, he is in prison. My so called father is a good for nothing, low life scum.

I went out across the hall, into my mother's room, where Claire was taking a nap. “Claire it time for dinner, wake up.” I generally shook her trying to wake her up, she sure wasn't a light sleeper. "Mommy?" Claire asked in confusion. “No, it’s nini."Nini is a nickname she gave me. "Oh", she sat up and started rubbing her eyes and got out of my mom's bed. My mom slept on one mattress, which was on the ground. “Ready for dinner baby girl?" I questioned."yes,my hummy."Claire said rubbing her hands to gather and licking her lips. Hummy was her way of saying I'm hungry. I picked her up and headed toward the kitchen when my eyes meet with a guy." Who is this mother? “My face in such confusion. “This is Ben. "My mom walks up to the tall, black haired guy, and grabbing his muscular arm and kisses his rose red cheek. “He is my boyfriend. My mind went blank. How could she be dating someone and not tell me. I thought she was happy without guys in her life. “How long have you been dating." I asked. “In a week, it will be 6 months. What! 6months and this is the first time I hear of this! “Now let's eat." Mom says while putting spaghetti in the middle of the table. I sat on the other side of my mom and Ben I sat Claire in the seat next to me.

After dinner I went upstairs to get ready for bed. ‘Knock knock.’ "Sugar, my I come in?" My mother asked. "Sure." I answer with an angry tint to my voice. My mom walks over to my dresser and grabs my brush then over to my bed, climbs behind me and starts brushing my hair. “Look, I'm sorry I never told you, I just didn't think you would like it. I just thought since it been only us three for a while that you may have freaked out. “My mom says with an apologetic voice. “Mom trust me it's ok I just wish you would have told me sooner, I’m just glad you’re happy, that’s all that matters. Why did you tell me all of a sudden anyways?" I was a little curious so I had to ask. My mom stopped brushing my long blonde, wavy hair and turned me around. Something seemed fishy. “Well to tell you the truth, Ben asked me to marry him and I said yes....