Chapter 7

I woke up from my nap. I sat up rubbing my eyes. I seen the blanket on me." I wonder who did that." I said to myself. I walked in the kitchen to get something to eat. A bowl of chocolate candy sounds good too me. I sat on the table and began to eat the chocolate. I seen some random,naked girl walking in the kitchen. She goes to the frig and grabbed a coke. She turns towards me and her eyes widened." Oh hello you must be Matt's stepsister." She says shaking my hand." Y-yes i am."

"Oh sorry how rude of me. I'm his girlfriend Ella."

"Um Ella."

"Ya?"

"You kinda have no clothes on." I said turning my head away from her.

"Oh ya, sorry I sometimes forget to put clothes on." She say while giggling and turning towards Matt's room. Well she actually seems pretty nice.

     I heard someone pull up in the drive way. I open the curtain and check out the window to see who it was. My mom walked through the door." Honey the movers are here." She says while smiling at me." Thank god I've been waiting on my stuff to get here."

"I know honey I finally get to hang up my pictures." Mom says excitedly.

"Oh mom. Please don't do that, most of your pictures are of me, and they are super embarrassing."

"Oh well." She parts me on the head and headed back out the door.

I go to the movers guys and told them where my stuff goes. I picked up a heavy box and I started carrying it to my room. I struggled getting up stairs with it. I finally made it to the top." Do you need help Annie?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and Matt was standing there." No I'm fine, thank you for asking." I started walking and a few seconds later I tripped over something that fell out of my box. I dropped the box first and I started to fall myself. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the landing. Before I hit the ground I felt Matt's  strong arms catch me.

He caught me,but he started to fall as well. Before I knew it I was on top of him. Well at lease he broke my fall, though I feel bad for him because i'm on top if him. I look down to his face. We were both staring at each other for what seem like forever. His face got only an inch away from mine. I could feel him breathing against my face. He lean closer. His breadth tickled my ear." C-can you g-get off of me n-now." He says running out of breath.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I stood up very quickly and helped him up.

"Its fine but that's what we get. You should have let me help you and I should have helped you anyways.

"I suppose your right." I reached down and started to pick up the things that fell out of the box. When I  reached for my cheer trophy Matt hands had touched my hand, sending an electric feeling up my arm. He picks up the trophy and looked at it for a minute." So you were a cheerleader?" He asked with a grin on his face. I quickly took it from his hand." Yes I was." I had told him.

"Hey don't be like that I was just asking." He said

"Are you planning on being on the cheer team this year?" Matt asked.

"No I really don't want to be."

"Why not."

"Everyone always expects cheerleaders to act all popular,and I don't like it."

"That makes since, but I think you should go for it,besides I would love to see you in a cheerleader outfit." He said." Stop joking around." I got him inn the shoulder softly.

"Who said I was joking."He helped me get all my stuff and unpack. I was wondering why he was suddenly being nice to me." Why are you being nice too me all of a sudden?" I was to curious not to ask."I just thought we are going to be living together so I rather be friends  then fight." He says. Claire came running into my room." Mommy says she needs you." She says then runs to me and I lift her up and we all went down stairs. We walked in the living room and seen mom and Ben sitting on the couch." Hey darlings my mother stared off." We have something to tell you. We are going to  get married . Then we will going on our honeymoon. When we get back we will have a small wedding only for some of our family." Ben says. Me and Matt look at each other. For some reason a feel a little pain in my chest. Matt turned his head and avoided my gaze. He looked mad." When are you leaving?" Matt asked. "Ya that's the other thing. We are packed now and we are leaving first thing in the morning." Mom said.

"How long are you going to be gone?" I asked." Only for 2 weeks." Ben says. "Ok last question what about Claire mom, you no I can't take care of her by myself." I hinted to her. She knows that I can't take care of her. That's why I let my mom adopt Claire. "Honey I promise you won't have too do it alone. You will have Matt,and we hired a babysitter all you need to do is call him whenever you need to . We paid him a lot of money,so he should be available any time."

" Ok good well i'm going to bed."

"Ok night darling, oh also we got your school supplies for Monday."

"Ok mom, love you." I headed up stairs taking sleeping Claire with me. Following behind me was Matt." Hey, I was thinking that we can fix up a room for Claire. We can do anything we want to it. There is a room just down the hall from us so what do you say?" He whispered. "That sounds great let's do it." He leaned over and kissed my cheek. It was out of nowhere then a moment of awkward silence." I'm just going to go to bed." Matt walks in his room. I opened my door and closed it. I laid Claire down. I touched my cheek,feeling embarrassed. Why do I feel this way? I'm kinda happy though.

~Matt's POV~

I quickly ran to my room and shut the door. I can't believe I just did that. Is it so wrong that I wanted to give her a kiss on the lips? What am I saying of course it is, but still i'm having these weird feelings in my chest that only happens when I'm near her. I don't understand it.