Chapter 31

•Under The Influence•

WARNING!
This chapter contains major spoilers of my other book ADRESANO.

Third person

Life had changed for everyone. In terms of school, love, friends, family, and work. Maybe even in more.

Now, four and a half months later Winter was still going strong with Hayes, the pressure in school had increased by a bit but nothing she was not able to handle.

Noah, he was doing his best to repair his relationship with his sister and she was letting him. Nothing would ever be like before but they were working on it and that's what matters.

Graduation was not that far away anymore, only about two months were left. Prom was in a week too and although Winter was not that keen on going she knew that this was a once in a lifetime event so she let her friends be all excited around her. She even had a dress already!

It was clear that she would go with Hayes but she would not mind him asking her anyway and getting the full experience.

Yet what would happen in the future was unpredictable.

Expect the unexpected is what they say.

---

Seline swung open the front door to a lightly smiling Hayes, "come in! Come in!" She ushered.

They greeted each other correctly once he had entered the home. Noah tried to hold back his fist from connecting with his sister's boyfriend's face as they looked at each other.

Hayes stepped forward with his band stretched out for Noah to shake and to the three's utter surprise, he did.

"I'd like to introduce myself properly. I'm Hayes Coleman, nineteen, a senior."

He cleared his throat, "I'm Noah, twenty-three, starting flight engineer."

The older man unnecessarily gripped Hayes's hand harder but neither really cared. They were thrown out of their little stare-down by the forgotten woman crying out for her daughter in glee.

Both guys were baffled when they turned to her descending down the stairs and just before she reached the last step Noah turned to Hayes and whispered in his ear lowly, "take care of my baby sister."

After her brother placed a kiss on her forehead and a few -by her mother- forced pictures, they were off spending the night laughing and having fun with their friends while making memories that would last forever.

---

"Liam, please take care." Winter begged.

He kissed her head in reassurance, "nothing's going to happen."

"But still, promise me you'll come back."

"Always."

They shared one last kiss before he got into the car leaving Winter at home by herself in the middle of the night while he went to risk his life.

It was a few hours subsequent to their prom and they were on their way back to Winter's house as her family was not at home.

An incoming call of Kaden had corrupted their plans. This time, it was more important than ever.

Minutes had passed but they felt like hours to her, she cried a bit fearing for his life. As selfish as it sounded she just was not ready to lose him, to let him go. If something were to happen to him tonight she would never be the same.