Chapter 34

•MIA•

Third Person

Noah shook his head at his sister's behavior; she could not be serious.

"No."

"But-but-"

He gave her a stern look, "you are not going to play cupid with me and one of your friends. And that is final!"

"She is going to come over tonight, and Hayes is also. We are all having dinner together."

His mouth dropped open as he watched her smirk in victory before she turned to leave his room.

Fucking weirdo, don't sisters usually want their friends to not date their brother?

Winter skipped down to the kitchen to help her mother cook supper. She offered to cook, Seline refused though. It was weird, actually Seline would want to rest for a little while after a long day of work, today she went into the kitchen and already started preparing before anyone realized that she was even home.

///

Hayes strutted out the steaming bathroom with a towel hung around his waist a cloud of evaporated water following. His body shivered when the in contrast to the bathroom air, cold air hit him

"Mijo!"

"Si, mámá!"

"When are we leaving?" She yelled up.

He thought for a second, glanced down at his phone covered in water drops and wet sides from holding it, before replying to his mother with a 'half an hour'.

The teenager heard his mother curse from downstairs and rapid steps hitting the floor downstairs. Chuckling to himself he opened his bedroom door -opposite the bathroom- and dried off quickly, next was getting dressed.

After he picked a fitting outfit he went to dry his hair correctly and style it in its usual tidy, messy look.

When he got downstairs into the kitchen the first thing he saw was his mother pacing around frantically, "mámá, calmarse,"

The only response he received was a heated glare, "please do your sister's hair, espérame aquí voy a cambiarme de ropa y entonces vamos a ir." Liliana came bouncing into kitchen, giggling as her mass of curls kept flinging in her face.
(wait here I'm going to change my clothes then we will go)

"Hola, hermanita," he chuckled.

She giggled as she ran into his arms, "hola, hermano!"

As Hayes let his younger sister down, she immediately turned way so that he could do her hair like his mother asked.

"Are we going to Winter's house?"

"Si, hermanita."

She pouted, "per-pero no quiero!"
(But I don't want to)

"Porque, Liliana? Did something happen?"

"SI! She is taking you away from me! We already spend so little time together and n-now-"

Hayes's heart clenched when he saw her sad face, he never intended to make her feel like this, it was just that most of the time he was actually really busy and not only with Winter.

"No, chiquita. She is not taking me-"

"Yes, she is!"

He gave her a warning glance, "lo siento." She apologized.

Liliana looked like she was about to cry so her brother took her in his arms and hugged her tightly while talking,

"Believe me she is not, but you have to understand that she is my love, chiquita. We will get out soon, solo nosotros tres y we will go alone sometime too. Te prometo. Now give her a chance you will love her, si?" he compromised.
(only us three) (I promise)