chapter three

I stepped out of the bathroom in my room and looked at the wall clock to know the time.

5:00pm . Great!

I quickly dried myself off, put on my clothes and picked my phone up. I started watching music videos of BTS and short funny clips online as I while away time.

The skies gradually became dark as night drew near. After dinner, i started reciting my chants in my mind, awaiting midnight.

From what I was able to decipher so far, the ritual will enable my soul to transmigrate into another body, that means I will be dead, temporarily. Until my soul returns back to my body.

Also, the soul transmigration can only last for 72hours/3 days, then I'm back to my body.

So I've got everything planned out. I'm still hopeful though, not really sure if this is gonna work.

But hey!  Let's keep a positive mindset, okay?

Besides my grandfather's assistant, Dozie,  is always there, should in case anything goes wrong and I get stuck in between the realms.

***********************************
In the blink of an eye, 12 midnight clocked, I quickly rushed out to Manda's room to call her. She was already asleep, when I woke her up. I could see the panic and confusion on her face when she woke up.

"w.w..what is it? what happened?" she stuttered.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten already?" I questioned."I'm about to start the ritual"!!!

"what? "!!!. She screamed.

"Sshh" I gave her a signal with my hands, for her to be quiet. "do you want to wake everybody up?" I whispered.

"you really meant it? " she asked."I thought you were joking"

"I wasnt"  I replied. "now come, let's go. I'm already running out of time".

I helped her get off the bed,  with the rechargeable lantern, we quickly and steadily made our way to the Hut.

"I think you should give this a second thought.  What if something goes wrong?" Manda implored, as we entered the Hut,  shutting the door after us.

"that's why you are here....to make sure nothing goes wrong". I quickly brought out the mat and laid it on the floor of the Hut.

"I don't feel good about this" Manda quivered.

"don't worry as long we do the necessary, everything else will be fine" I assured her.  I wasn't really sure myself if this would work.  But I have no need of letting her know that.

"this is what you should do" I called out to her,  gesturing for her to come over from where she stood,  as I sat on the mat. I immediately briefed her about the process,  though she still expressed her doubts, I reassured her again that everything will be okay. And also had to lie that I told Dozie about the plan,should in case anything happened, before she was willing.

"whew!! " I exhaled, after i had all the materials needed right in front of me and finished all preparations.

"here it goes" I said to Manda, who was a little bit anxious.

I recited the chants, twice and then zoned out.