Chapter 43: Enter Thighspeed; The Fastest Doki Alive

Hold onto your seats.

6:09 A.M. Monika's POV

I woke up next to Yuri and Anne, and I kiss each of their foreheads. Yuri opens an eye, but I cover her eyes.

"Just go back to sleep." I order, and she sits up.

The room is still dark, but dark enough to the point as to where you can see everything.

She goes to hug me, but I move out of the way.

"Monika..? Are you feeling alright?" Yuri asks tiredly, rubbing her eyes.

She opens them, and I quickly wrap a towel around me, blushing.

"Monika... you do know that I'm OK with you... as you are, r-right?" Yuri asks, and I scoff.

"Still, not when Anne is in here." I explain, and I walk out into our bathroom.

Boy, I'm lucky that our room has carpet, or else Yuri would've heard the heels from my outfit. What outfit? Behold!

I think I screwed up my hair by tying it up, but at least it doesn't get in the way! And yet, I still look like myself

I think I screwed up my hair by tying it up, but at least it doesn't get in the way! And yet, I still look like myself. Ah, well. I'll pass that hurdle when I get there.

I pull on the sleeves a little, tighten my bow and look out of the door. Yuri's still staring. And the laws of time don't affect her, so I can't use my powers to get past her.

My superpowers are speed, hearing, strength, and lightning. Along with my coding, but I only use those for the impossibly hard opponents.

I do the next best thing. I climb out of the bathroom window and up to the roof. I take a deep breath and look around.

"Still dusk. Still time for crime to happen." I state, looking around a little more.

I hear yawning behind me and realize this is where Asriel sleeps. I quickly hop off of the roof and land on another without a sound.

"Phew... now all I have to do is listen for anything." I state, and I close my eyes, focusing.

A couple of minutes pass, and I hear wincing noises along with dripping water, and I instantly know what it is. I run to my room, look in the window and see Yuri looking like she's cutting herself. She's really crying. But, there's not a scratch on her arms. I put my hands over her eyes, and she gasps, surprised.

"Monika..?" Yuri asks, and I kiss her cheek.

"Quit faking it. I'll be back soon. I have to head out. You're normally asleep by this time, and it's making my job harder." I explain, and Yuri tries to move my hands away from her eyes.

"What even is your job?" Yuri asks, and when she succeeds, I swoosh under the bed.

"I... don't feel comfortable telling you." I state, and Yuri looks under the bed, and I slink out from under the bed and frontflip out of the window.